ANNOUNCEMENT: New owner for DiscussFastpitch.com

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2013
So Cal
On FB, peoples names are posted so they are less likely to really call out another member but they are also less likely to share info. It’s a double edge sword here because you can be somewhat anonymous and act a fool so to speak but those conversations lead to DEEP discussions on mechanics and other info.

Have you spent time on FB car groups? They can get downright ugly. The posted name keeping people in check thing is a fallacy - LOL.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
1. Update the forum software;
2. Reorganize the forums sections and revamp the forum rules;
3. Integrate a wiki (MediaWiki for example) into the forums (so much good information gets buried/lost in the forums);
4. Integrate with social media.

Gunner's list should be a priority.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Dec 22, 2009
North Texas
1. Update the forum software;
2. Reorganize the forums sections and revamp the forum rules;
3. Integrate a wiki (MediaWiki for example) into the forums (so much good information gets buried/lost in the forums);
4. Integrate with social media.

This is a good list. Weekly newsletters work great. Kinda keep the site out there for folks that have not been here in some time. They are not for ads, of course, just a simple 10 top threads for the week type deal.

many of the old videos mentioned did die with an old Nokia system that was closed. So for me, I will just go through al of the stickies first and clean up old posts to at least make them easier to navigate and cut out dead materials.

Any reason classifieds were not used? Forums tend to be a good place for them.

I can set up a thread on all of this soon. I am 100% open to feedback. This forum did what many never do and make it. Thanks to great members. Hopefully, a change in some things will enhance the great content already here.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
This is a good list. Weekly newsletters work great. Kinda keep the site out there for folks that have not been here in some time. They are not for ads, of course, just a simple 10 top threads for the week type deal.

many of the old videos mentioned did die with an old Nokia system that was closed. So for me, I will just go through al of the stickies first and clean up old posts to at least make them easier to navigate and cut out dead materials.

Any reason classifieds were not used? Forums tend to be a good place for them.

I can set up a thread on all of this soon. I am 100% open to feedback. This forum did what many never do and make it. Thanks to great members. Hopefully, a change in some things will enhance the great content already here.

We actually did have classifieds at one point, but they weren't used much as I recall so they were eventually dropped.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Any consideration for an "off topic" section? A place for members to talk about things other than softball, share jokes, etc. can be a good thing for an online community. With other forms I've been involved with, these have been very good, as long as there is a strict policy against "hot button" topics like religion and politics. The downside is that it requires a diligent moderator.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
That is a tough one Eric, I would prefer not to go down that road. But since you opened the door....

DD made an illinois scooler student, none of us have any idea why.

She is homeschooling , someone put her up. We would love to know who.

May 28, 2014
The stats have declined steadily for some time. I don't see those increases really in the stats, nothing significant. However, if there were scamming ads and such popping up I bet the stats did suffer during that time. Not sure what type of ads he ran but that should not be an issue at all. Sometimes folks can sneak a bad ad in to Google but they catch it fast. I have never had an issue before. My focus is saying hello, learning as much as possible, and tyring my best to make this place rise. And I will be on the forum daily, literally.

It wasn't the adds themselves, but they were hijacked - so whatever add source he was using was getting injected with malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22