Allegation of abuse at DePaul U.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2016
Always makes me scratch my head. If allegations are true, it's awful and can't believe he got hired by Auburn of all places. Thought they would have learned their lesson and done due diligence on anyone they hire for their softball program.

Nov 29, 2009
Bill Conroy's comments about the lawsuit posted on the Midwest Fastpitch site.

• I’ll put my neck out there because I had more than a dozen players that played for Eugene. Of those players, all but one came away with a positive experience, most would still say they love Eug and he has been invited to many of their weddings. Eugene was also co head coach with Mickey Dean when I owned the Chicago Bandits and was well received. I warned every player of the type of coach that Lenti was, very charismatic but also very tough with a motivation by fear style. Eugene had a great deal of success with his style, making the CWSS five times, which is incredibly impressive for a school without a football team and non Power 5. Eugene has mellowed over time and being an assistant has worked well to calm him down.
    To be fair, the one player that had a rough experience did text me yesterday about the lawsuit and we talked, no physical abuse ever took place but an abundance of mental abuse. This young lady might of been the most talented player that has played for the Bandits but also couldn’t help herself from creating drama.
    The bottom line is that what was tolerated and considered acceptable with coaching and motivating in the 70’s,80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s is no longer the same and some coaches took longer to accept change than others.

Feb 15, 2017
Can’t imagine BC sticking his neck out for anybody that he didn’t feel that deserved it. Alot of good points, but that doesn’t mean things didn’t happen that BC is unaware of. Not sure I could have done the same.

Side note - that board has just about gotten worthless. A bunch of keyboard warriors that just unload on every comment, even well thought out ones. So much negativity I am about ready to avoid it like the ‘rona.

Sep 29, 2014
I get it's hard to really draw the line on the mental or physiological but if the "punch in the face" allegation had any truth to it the victim handled it 100% incorrectly...dial 911 and call the police the end, ideally there would be a witness (but if it was players you have to realize you might have issues since speaking out against the coach and telling the truth might mean losing lots of $$ and even forgoing your education that's a pretty big ask and takes lots of character). Even if nothing ever happens there is now a record...do you really thing the right answer to getting punched in the face by your boss is to go to your bosses boss, his sister, and see if she will do something about it?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
He could definitely get hot quickly. When his daughter was younger he would also coach her travel ball team. I once saw him get tossed out of a B-level 12U or 14U tournament for screaming at the umpires.

That said, he was always nice to me when I would encounter him. I guess you never know what's happening behind the scenes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom