All Star Rules Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2014
I have a strange question that may not be able to answered here, but here it goes anyway. Does anyone on here know if there is anyway in Little League All Stars that a player/players that do not live within the boundaries of a league, can come play for another team outside the boundary in which they live. I will try to keep this short and give an example. Ok, so here is the example. League 1 only has one team and after their season is over, there is only about 4 players that want to play all stars, so they cannot form an all star team. Now enter league 2, who is also struggling to find enough players to field an all star team. Are the players from league 1 allowed to join the all star team that league 2 is trying to form, or is this against the rules since they live outside the of League 2's boundaries? I know that there are certain exception that will allow a player that lives outside a leagues boundaries to play for for that league during regular season play, but did not see anything like this in the tournament rules. Thanks for any help.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
If neither League have enough to field their own teams, and want to form a combined team, they must get approval from their two League Presidents and their LL District Administrator. You don't have much time so you should contact your DA ASAP.

Mar 26, 2014
If neither League have enough to field their own teams, and want to form a combined team, they must get approval from their two League Presidents and their LL District Administrator. You don't have much time so you should contact your DA ASAP.
Yup, I believe today is the deadline. But it is not up to me to get the approval, it should be, but we won't get into that. I was just curious as to if this was alright to combine players from different leagues. Thanks for the info.

Jul 2, 2013
I have a completely different take on this. fully understand the folks who know the rules backwards and forwards. I get it. But always remember, if you think you DD is the BEST. She must play against the best, and beat the best.

So to focus a bunch of energy on "rules-breakers" escapes me. Only the losers focus on that, and there are a plenty.

My take is ... bring her on and my DD will hit the crap out of her.

Some battles are worth fighting. Some, though many will disagree, is best to leave well enough alone. Teach DD that people cheat ... life is not fair. And the best way to win is to smack the crap out of them.

Mar 2, 2013
I have a completely different take on this. fully understand the folks who know the rules backwards and forwards. I get it. But always remember, if you think you DD is the BEST. She must play against the best, and beat the best.

So to focus a bunch of energy on "rules-breakers" escapes me. Only the losers focus on that, and there are a plenty.

My take is ... bring her on and my DD will hit the crap out of her.

Some battles are worth fighting. Some, though many will disagree, is best to leave well enough alone. Teach DD that people cheat ... life is not fair. And the best way to win is to smack the crap out of them.

Teach her first not to make accusations unless you have probable cause to make them. If substantiated, then teach her to whip them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877