Albert Pujols and Cat Osterman video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Does anyone have a link to a side by side split screen comparing I think Albert Pujols and Cat Osterman hitting? If not Albert it was another major leaguer and Cat. I saw it sometime last year. It was very interesting. I'd like to use it in a conversation with someone about the Softball and Baseball swing being the same.

Oct 29, 2008
If that is the 6' 2" (at least) Osterman. who BTW batted left-handed the only time I ever saw her swing a bat, then the plate is at least 20" from front to back, rather than 17".

Good clip, and a nice comparison. But I think this is someone else named Cat, not Osterman.

Regards,

Scott

May 13, 2008
I can't look at the video link right now because I'm at work and Youtube is blocked, but I'll say that I thought it looked like Cat. The most rudimentary video apps are capable of reversing the image so you can compare lefty and righty side-by-side.

Oct 29, 2008
Definitely true, and if you are making a comparison, you would do that. Not sure why you'd use a hitter with ONE college AB for the comparison, but hey, the one college AB resulted in a double! But video tools are also capable of measuring heights etc in a video, given a reference point. Which I did. Of course, I assumed 17" as my reference point, too (front of plate to tip). If that is wrong, then the player in question could be 74-75" tall. Otherwise, I have my doubts.

Doesn't matter anyway, the point is in the comparison, not who the female hitter is. And it is a good comparison.

Best regards,

Scott

May 12, 2008
Definitely a different Cat. Wish the video was synced to contact. I'll listen and watch when I have more time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish