Action Pose

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Warrior Mike, I would have here work on the presentation. I would not give her that pitch as an ump. She has turned her hand to frame a ball and has a bad lean which leads me to believe low and away. Have her work on receiving in a athletic catchers position and rotating her hand around the ball to present. Her thumb should almost always be at either 12 or 6 o'clock position and stick it. Do not have her frame bad pitches once she has the reputation for only presenting good pitches she will get a lot more calls to go her way. She also needs to climb up in with the batter about 2 feet. Her glove should almost be able to touch the batters thigh to be in nice and tight. This pitch is more likely to be called if she receives it before it drops. Looks like lots of up side to this young player. Work hard on her technique that is what I look for when identifying talent. Keep the pictures coming and make sure she is having fun.

My kid. In order to keep this thread about brag pics, rather than technical discussion, I'll respond via a new thread....http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-catching/25899-my-catcher-beast.html

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
a78d9bb28ae654dc25b97bddb3564fae.jpg

Post practice burn. Can you feel it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A couple of shots from yesterday...

FullSizeRender_zpst32iriwg.jpg

Sticking a strike on the low-inside corner.

FullSizeRender%201_zpsrgvoiwdk.jpg

Pop-up just in front of home plate. Maddie made the catch, and fired a throw to double off the runner who had gambled too far off 1B. Definitely one of her best-ever defensive plays as a catcher.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06