9 yr old pitching. Suggestions..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Looks pretty good from that angle. I think I heard her coach talk about working on staying open. Do you happen to have anything from the throwing arm side and a little closer?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am not certain that she is creating a long, loose whip. It seems like her arm is straight and tight. But, I do like her and like what she is doing. Her speed is exceptional.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
The results look good, she looks fast and accurate for her age, but as others have noted, there is no way to see how her actual mechanics look from this viewpoint. I'll go out on a limb though and say from any viewpoint she is probably doing more right than wrong based on her size, pitch speed and accuracy.

Feb 7, 2013
I like this 9YO a lot. She hits her spots, takes instruction well, and can mix up her pitches. I like that her instructor has her doing sequences as well. Nice job traveldad. Keep up the good work. As others suggested, hard to help with mechanics without a side view. But she obviously is doing many things correctly.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
looks like an H/E tack on finish, useless but not actually pitching with a stiff arm. Can't really tell from the angle, but I doubt she is going to throw the way she throws with many flaws in the circle.

Hello elbo ..Just HE finish maybe? Again no critique or analysis here. Just asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan