8u Travel & 10u rec

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2012
Florida
thanks for everyones input. it was just hard to pull away from my community youth association that i've been apart with over the last 7 yrs to a travelball organization. You see my DD is a softball rat, 1st thing when i get home from work she wants to head up to the field to work on "catching pop flys, line drives or slaphitting", (learned how to slap hit at some college camp). Alot good points were made, but we're just going to stick to the travelball and let her enjoy the new school year, holiday stuff and having those non-tournament weekends to do some fun stuff together.

As far as preimer 8u travel team, just my opinion on what i hear when everyone speak of this organization..."well oiled machine, outstanding coaches, runs a huge college showcase event, etc"

8U travel already seems to be alot. IMHO at this age the most important thing is to let the girls have fun, develop a love for th game. Playing so much softball so young can make a girl hate it. Those practices and tournaments are a lot to ask, and if she misses some important things to 7year olds like, I cant go to the birthay party I have practice, or I cant go anywhere because I have softball all the time. Im in SO Cal and havent heard alot about 8U travel, Our rec all-star tournaments season can run for like 8 weeks, and that ismore than enough. Let her chase butterflies, have playdates, and be a 7 year old she has alot of sotfball ahead Im sure. Good luck to you both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad