8 yr old DD in cage

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Y'all slow down, let me put these on first.

aeeef5d1d3ea7fdabae22bfe66dc1bd5.jpg
[/IMG]

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
Nooooooo.....you didn't just open the door, did you?

Sorry, I just don't see bat drag as an issue for this young girl. If he does, I want to know how he would fix it. I am sure it has something to do with pinning the bat to the deltoid and turning as far as possible to get the barrel to the ball. All the while sucking every bit of athleticism out of this girl that she is currently displaying.

Hopefully he doesn't try to open the door any further.

Sep 26, 2011
I am sure that I know less about hitting than most of the posters here, but I looked at it frame by frame and I just don't see what I think is bat drag. It looks like the rear elbow never gets in front of the hands...she actually stacks it pretty well. I am not defending the swing because she's my daughter...the frame by frame definitely showed me some "issues" with the swing (she gets to extension late and doesn't always have a great bat path-it loops a little on some of the swings), it also showed me some positives (she loads her hands better than I thought she did)...but I definitely didn't see bat drag.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I am sure that I know less about hitting than most of the posters here, but I looked at it frame by frame and I just don't see what I think is bat drag. It looks like the rear elbow never gets in front of the hands...she actually stacks it pretty well. I am not defending the swing because she's my daughter...the frame by frame definitely showed me some "issues" with the swing (she gets to extension late and doesn't always have a great bat path-it loops a little on some of the swings), it also showed me some positives (she loads her hands better than I thought she did)...but I definitely didn't see bat drag.

Snappy, you don't have to defend her, she has a great swing for her age and don't let anyone tell you different. Perfect......no. But neither is any other 8yo. I'd be willing to bet she is one, if not THE best hitter on her team.

For me these are what I refer to as the "natural years". If a player has decent mechanics and is hitting the crap out of the ball.......don't start nit picking every detail. This is the foundation and it is poured with mental cement. Let her eyes and mind learn how to make the body do its thing.

She is probably good because she has some natural traits and it's fun to her, don't make it into a job. And for yourself, enjoy these years and enjoy people complimenting her abilities. You'll have plenty of years people want to tear her down mostly out of jealousy.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Before I get my popcorn. Snapperny, can you get your DD to stand up straight and the have her place her hands by her side. Now stand her bat up. Does her bat come up to her wrist or more up on her forearm? Listen to the more knowing posters and get her the proper size bat. Don't let her grow into the one she has.

Oct 12, 2009

Can she hit the ball if the tee is placed at her front knee?

P.S. Look at the third swing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors