8 year old DD pitching(video)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Looks impressive! DD is a pitcher too and utilizes the Hello Elbow. Reading through this forum for the Hello Elbow vs IR discussion is enough to drive you nuts. Good luck to your daughter!

Two quick points: 1. Notice how much her landing leg collapses when it plants and then it lifts up as she is releasing.....this is where her energy source is......should not be there....need better front side resistance so she has something firm to pull against.
2. Notice a forward lean and then as the leg lifting energy source begins, she pulls her upper torso backward....note that she will tend to "yank" a lot of pitches high. Need to create more of a torquing energy source.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
This kid looks like a ton of dynamite! Do you happen to have a video of her from the side and up close?

Mar 19, 2014
This kid looks like a ton of dynamite! Do you happen to have a video of her from the side and up close?

She is a very strong kid for being 8. I don't have any side video was planning on taking some this weekend. From the side I only have this picture.

Jan 18, 2011
She is a very strong kid for being 8. I don't have any side video was planning on taking some this weekend. From the side I only have this picture.

I noticed at the bottom of that picture that it looks like you have other shots of her pitching. Do you by chance have one where she is at the 9 o'clock position (arm behind her, towards second)? Be nice to see ball position at this location.

Mar 19, 2014
I noticed at the bottom of that picture that it looks like you have other shots of her pitching. Do you by chance have one where she is at the 9 o'clock position (arm behind her, towards second)? Be nice to see ball position at this location.

This is the only picture I have. My buddy took the pictures and sent me a couple pictures of them on his computer. He hasn't given me copies yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission