6/5 Rec Play of the Day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2010
In the (original) spirit of Hornet'sCoach's thread below:

14U "wreck" ball. We have a runner on first. Batter takes ball four. Catcher fails to catch it, and, apparently thinking there is a "dropped ball four" rule, chases our batter to first trying to tag her. Meanwhile our runner - probably the slowest on our team, but one of the few with her head in the game all the time - just keeps running, and eventually scores at the unguarded home plate. (No, not my daughter. She'd have been standing on first watching. :p)

That was also about the only thing that went right last night, so you may consider this a brag post as well. ;)

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Plays like this are one of the reasons I always encourage new umpires to work as much ball as they can at any and all levels. You see plays like this and get to figure out how to rule on them.

Jul 5, 2011
The other team needs to fire their bleacher coaches. They obviously didn't scream "SOMEBODY COVER HOME" loudly enough.

May 14, 2010
Sitting at my desk. At work. Laughing so loud that co-workers are wondering what I drank for lunch. Thanks, Smallball!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
As much as I enjoy the higher levels of softball, I sure miss these days of just laughing my head off watching DD make some of these same plays.......................

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Awesome video! You can always tell how far from 14U the teams in the opposite fields are by how loud they cheer. Parents of 8U's sound insane to me now! Ahh but softball was fun then

Jun 9, 2009
Great video. I love how the catcher NEVER gets out of her crouch (kneel) regardless of what is happening on the field.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs