6U play of the day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Batter blasts a groundball up the middle that almost gets to the rubber. The batter takes off...following the ball.. The little girl playing pitcher picks up the ball.

The batter-runner is 2 feet from the fielder with the ball. She notices the batter-runner charging toward her. A light bulb goes on. The fielder does as she has been taught. She throws the ball to 1B. The girl playing 1B is too entranced by a discussion with the opposing team to field the ball.

The batter runner reaches the circle, and suddenly veers toward 1B. The girl playing 1B retrieves the ball, and gets to safety base slightly after the batter-runner reaches the base.

The two girls, each on their own first base, stand and stare at each other.

Oct 14, 2020
Batter blasts a groundball up the middle that almost gets to the rubber. The batter takes off...following the ball.. The little girl playing pitcher picks up the ball.

The batter-runner is 2 feet from the fielder with the ball. She notices the batter-runner charging toward her. A light bulb goes on. The fielder does as she has been taught. She throws the ball to 1B. The girl playing 1B is too entranced by a discussion with the opposing team to field the ball.

The batter runner reaches the circle, and suddenly veers toward 1B. The girl playing 1B retrieves the ball, and gets to safety base slightly after the batter-runner reaches the base.

Can't wait to see you at the 6U CO Sparkler!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 23, 2016
My favorite 6U moment: runners on first and second. Batter hits a ball to 3B. 3B picks up the ball and panics. Girls and parents are screaming at her to touch the base. She is completely frozen. SS comes running, picks up the girl with the ball, and drops her on the base just before the runner gets there.

Greatest out I've ever seen on a softball field.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My favorite 6U moment: runners on first and second. Batter hits a ball to 3B. 3B picks up the ball and panics. Girls and parents are screaming at her to touch the base. She is completely frozen. SS comes running, picks up the girl with the ball, and drops her on the base just before the runner gets there.

Greatest out I've ever seen on a softball field.

Someone give that girl a scholarship!

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
with 6 kids, I did a lot of TBall. many, many great moments but my first one was dad coaching third, directing traffic to home plate mostly. his DS gets up, quiet, friendly sort who knows nothing aboutTBall. hits a pitch, everyone yells "First!" not this kid. literally skips to 3rd to give his Dad a hug.
we always played no runs, no outs, no W/L, plenty of adult participation, and fun.

May 28, 2019

Hope someone gets refunds from the coaches

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad