4 month check-up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
She definitely doesn't hold anything back. Very aggressive, and overall a pretty nice swing. I like the advice that RDBass is offering. She does a good job of "walking away from the hands", which is lacking in many players her age, but she is getting a little too far away from them. RD's advice will keep those hands a little closer to the shoulders before "go". Again, it is not that the stretch is bad, just that it can be improved a bit. Nice job!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
[video=youtube_share;EthMcbaLiSA]http://youtu.be/EthMcbaLiSA[/video]

I still say she has some wicked bat speed.

Can I see her swing with a high tee, or high live pitching?

I wish I had room in the garage to do front toss just like this video

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I have seen athletic girls with swings like her hit the ball anywhere it gets pitched.

Mechanics of the swing
I do see her dropping of the hands and standing straight up. You can see this when you stop the swing at impact. Both arms are straight. She is standing straight up.

Another kind of swing.
Bending at the waist, soften the knees...Howards set up
I have been doing, stick your butt out, soften knees. This set up gives them tilt, but they are standing more upright.

Now if she had tilt from the waist up at the start of her swing all the way though the finish, her hands would hardly drop to get to the ball. The tilt at the waist would get her hands lower.

Now that is two different types of swings getting to that ball.

Just food for thought.

Straightleg

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
It's kind of amazing how quickly a useful thread like this can get hijacked by a couple of folks and become pretty much useless. Unless you're doing research on poor internet behavior.

Thanks SL for the thread. I haven't spent much time looking at still, but as a newbie this thread has shown me some stuff that I've been missing in gifs and videos. Very helpful.

Lenski - Congrats on your DD's signing. Must be an awesome feeling for your family!

Posted in the wrong thread. I'm such a newb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish