3 videos of Makenzie pitching under the porch during the rain, one in slo-motion,

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
when you say lean what do you mean ? there are plenty of ways a person can lean and she looks to be leaning forward at release.

Oct 1, 2012
when you say lean what do you mean ? there are plenty of ways a person can lean and she looks to be leaning forward at release.

Like Ken B clarified....a bit more lean as she drives off the rubber. That lean or bending at the end of the pitch is fairly common for young pitchers. She has some issues but doesn't look like she is forming any real terrible habits. Sometimes she bends at release and other times she doesn't. Overall I would focus simply on getting more drive and learning to "stay back" more at release. Also, I think some IR study is in order for dad as well. Not seeing much of a elbow bend or elbow lead coming down to release. Not sure I would introduce a whole lot more than lean and drive during the season....the off season would be better. All just MHO.

Feb 28, 2013
Like Ken B clarified....a bit more lean as she drives off the rubber. That lean or bending at the end of the pitch is fairly common for young pitchers. She has some issues but doesn't look like she is forming any real terrible habits. Sometimes she bends at release and other times she doesn't. Overall I would focus simply on getting more drive and learning to "stay back" more at release. Also, I think some IR study is in order for dad as well. Not seeing much of a elbow bend or elbow lead coming down to release. Not sure I would introduce a whole lot more than lean and drive during the season....the off season would be better. All just MHO.
Thanks, That's what I asked a couple of weeks ago, she's is leaning forward at release, but is throwing strikes, and for around here her velocity is above average for around here South Arkansas, 41-43. I don't want to change her now that we are about to play in pre-state tournament this coming Saturday, June 1st. Off season we will definitely work on more mechanics. She has a decent change up, and doesn't slow her arm down when she throws the change, so that's a positive in it's self right there. When she tries to stay back at release, her timing is off I guess, and the ball tends to sail high on her more than usual. What is average velocity for a girl her age with accuracy from your part of the country.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
My DD is nine, 5.8 and throws a consistent 55-61. She throws a crop, scrise, scrop, crise and has three speeds with each. Her change is worth a full .99 cents. She is verbally commited to a D1 school.

;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole