3 10u Students - Feedback Appreciated

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
Looks a bit rushed there too. She does have others things she needs to work on but the first thing maybe drilling in the thought process of "slow and early".

You said 10U, just out of curiousity is she 9,10 or 11?

Just turned 10. She's going to be special man.

Nov 16, 2017
I think their whole movements are just way too fast. They need to start sooner. I would work on them starting sooner based on the pitchers forward move. I do the 3 second drill. At go pick up front foot. 1,2, at 3 put it down. Teaches them to not rush the stride phase. This is often an overlooked part but is just as important as the other mechanics.

Watch how slow and deliberate Sierra's move forward is. Perfectly timed with the pitcher.

Oct 2, 2017
Have 3 very talented kids I'm working with. Trying to get them to feel a proper sequence right now. All 3 of them coil as they load and bleed open, so as of today, they are all crowding the plate because they have MAJOR difficulties with anything on the outer half (and a lot of stuff down the pipe as well). Did several drills beforehand in order help them feel it, but I always say that everything kinda goes out the window whenever the ball starts moving. All of three of them made an adjustment with their hands (a little more out front) so they could see them. With that, they tried to hold them there until they felt themselves stride forward. I will say there was improvement, but at the same time, I know there are a multitude of different things with each kid that need attention. Trying to tackle one thing at a time. Have fun out there everybody.

I like their intensity, I'll just echo that they are rushing. I agree with Pattar that it's probably due to the starting position of the hands.

Jan 13, 2020
I’ve bedn
Have 3 very talented kids I'm working with. Trying to get them to feel a proper sequence right now. All 3 of them coil as they load and bleed open, so as of today, they are all crowding the plate because they have MAJOR difficulties with anything on the outer half (and a lot of stuff down the pipe as well). Did several drills beforehand in order help them feel it, but I always say that everything kinda goes out the window whenever the ball starts moving. All of three of them made an adjustment with their hands (a little more out front) so they could see them. With that, they tried to hold them there until they felt themselves stride forward. I will say there was improvement, but at the same time, I know there are a multitude of different things with each kid that need attention. Trying to tackle one thing at a time. Have fun out there everybody.

Ive been trying to get my daughter to shift her weight like these girls. Are there any drills or suggestions you have to get her to load like that and power through the ball like them? When she loads she more or less stands up tall instead of loading her weight back. I’ve gotten her to be better loading her hands back but I can’t get her to load onto her right side.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06