3 10u Students - Feedback Appreciated

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
I like the approach of having them move forward to get into a leveraged position while the hands stay idle.. Similar effect of the fake bunt and swing.. Definetly won't have time to do this off a machine without some type of timing mechanism.

That's how I felt about it. Fake bunt and swing, just doesn't have the bat horizontal.

May 1, 2011
If you start the hands that forward I don't think you can wait till the stride out to move them back, there won't be enough time unless you rush your sequence. Notice Davis gets them to a "normal" position first then starts to move out.

I LOVE this dude's swing. Have used it so many times as a visual for kids.

Jun 8, 2016
Ask and ye shall receive.

Looks a bit rushed there too. She does have others things she needs to work on but the first thing maybe drilling in the thought process of "slow and early".

You said 10U, just out of curiousity is she 9,10 or 11?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Do you mean horizontal? Just making sure we're clear.

back-elbow-20200304-2.jpg
Her forearm is closer to vertical. She has already begun her swing on one leg, by dropping her back elbow so much that her shoulders are already upside down (rear is down, not flat or up). The back elbow should not begin to come down until toe touch.

I guess I would have her dry drill to coil her shoulders INWARD much much more and hold the coil longer. Plus check the forearm.

After toe touch, the knees should begin to roll over, and the elbow starts to drop.
heel-drop-carlos-correa.gif

Last edited:
May 1, 2011
View attachment 16565
Her forearm is closer to vertical. She has already begun her swing on one leg, by dropping her back elbow so much that her shoulders are already upside down (rear is down, not flat or up). The back elbow should not begin to come down until toe touch.

I guess I would have her dry drill to coil her shoulders INWARD much much more and hold the coil longer. Plus check the forearm.

After toe touch, the knees should begin to roll over, and the elbow starts to drop.
View attachment 16566

Gotcha. The shot I saw looked more horizontal...but I understand what you're talking about there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06