21 Up; 21 K's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
It definitely appears that she is stepping outside the width of the rubber. She will most likely get by with illegal pitchs in HS. One local ump told me he was preparing to call a game and in the pre-game meeting the other ump told him he was not going to call IPs or leaving the base too early because it slowed the momentum of the game.
It looks like they are playing on beach sand.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
I couldn't past the glove work when fielding. I'd gnaw my collar to pieces if my pitchers fielded the position like that. I don't understand the point of pulling the glove towards her chin with her throwing hand as she's approaching the ball.

I do like speed, so 57mph doesn't really get my attention, unless we're talking about a 12yo.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Terrible mechanics. While I congratulate her on her accomplishment she needs to work on a lot of things.

I congratulate her as well. I think she did it with funk and speed. I don't think she has any idea where her pitches are going except toward the strike zone. I don't think she has a chance of spotting her pitches.

Dec 7, 2011
I still think we in the softball community ought to have a special name for this type of perfect-perfect game (all strikeouts).

Warning,... self-disclosed "wha'mbulance" alert here => If ya remember when I came on the "DiscussFastpitch" scene I was asking all over the place what this is called when my DD got one in 12U TB (the all strikeout game). We here in the special upper midwest never got any news report or special reporting attention..... (softball gets almost no respect around here).

OK, I am done with the crying ;-)

But seriously, for the DD's scrapbook and in ease of communication it would be nice to have a special name for this.

Apr 19, 2012
That is impressive even if the other team was relatively weak. Not easy to do, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug