21 Up; 21 K's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Amazing accomplishment.

I would like to hear what others see in her mechanics. IMO she has a terrible arm circle and she also steps out of the pitching lane every time. She seems to be a closed pitcher like Dallas Escobedo.

Oct 22, 2009
My DD had a good friend only 5'2" as well, she also threw high 50's, in college. Small pitchers learn how important change of speed and spin really is.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame, but I'm not impressed. This is a case of a relatively good pitcher coming up against a very weak team. It didn't prove much.

There is a team in Chicagoland out in the western burbs that is not very good. It would be easy for a good pitcher to record 21 strikeouts. However, the coaches of the other teams don't let it happen. (After all, what is the point?) They always throw their #3 or JV pitcher.

Here is this kid's recruiting video:

[video=youtube_share;-DtWd0K00tE]http://youtu.be/-DtWd0K00tE[/video]

May 23, 2010
Michigan
My DD is 17; she's been taking lessons since she was 9. I've gone to every lesson and read tons of books, watched tons of videos, visited this site numerous times and still am hesitant about critiquing pitching mechanics, as there seem to be as many disagreements regarding mechanics as there are agreements. Having said that, from the picture only it seems as though she might not be getting much help from her push leg. But still, gotta give her props, even if it was a bad team, strikeouts are hard to come by.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
My DD will have a game like this one tonight. Worst team in the district ( 2-18 ), but by pitching rotation it's her time. ( I was hoping for another rain out ) Guess the ONLY good thing is it will help her ERA, besides that it will be a slaughter and not worth the $5 to watch.*

Jv pitching option won't work for us, our jv always plays right before varsity and that poor kid struggles to complete the 60 min time limit.*

Nov 17, 2010
Everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame, but I'm not impressed. This is a case of a relatively good pitcher coming up against a very weak team. It didn't prove much.

There is a team in Chicagoland out in the western burbs that is not very good. It would be easy for a good pitcher to record 21 strikeouts. However, the coaches of the other teams don't let it happen. (After all, what is the point?) They always throw their #3 or JV pitcher.

Here is this kid's recruiting video:

[video=youtube_share;-DtWd0K00tE]http://youtu.be/-DtWd0K00tE[/video]

Why isn't the runner on 2B taking third at 1:43?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1