2019 CF Zen

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2016
So, I’m looking at two 32 inch bats right now. One a drop 10 and the other a drop 11. I would never have thought that the barrel of the drop 11 is longer?

May 29, 2019
Same thing happened with me. I bought my DD a 32/22 CF9 to replace the drop -11 that she broke. The barrel on the drop -10 was absolutely tiny compared to the drop -11, so much so that I wondered if I had bought a counterfeit knock off or some sort of defect. It literally looked like they used the barrel from a 29" bat and put a really long handle on it. Everyone that I showed it to was like "Wow, that ain't right". She swung it like crap, so we got rid of it soon after we got it.

I used to think that Demarini was like the "Honda Accord" of fastpitch bats; No need to research because you know you are getting one of the best products out there. After that experience, not so much. I don't know if it is just the 32 drop -10 that is like that, or if the other "balanced" sized Demarinis are too. I do know that the drop -11's and the Slappers have the big barrels, and are hot, good swinging bats. I actually feel that they should bring the Slapper back and make that their drop -10 balanced bat.

May 16, 2016
So, I’m looking at two 32 inch bats right now. One a drop 10 and the other a drop 11. I would never have thought that the barrel of the drop 11 is longer?

Are you sure one was not a Slapper model? Demarini Slapper bats usually have a longer barrel.

If not a slapper, then I suppose by moving weight towards the hands, it gives the -11 a lighter swing weight.

Jun 24, 2016
100% sure one is not a slapper. I’ll have to check the 31 inch my younger daughter now swings (-11) and see how that barrel compares. It’s bizarre...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619