2019 Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Just got my DD a 2019 LXT, she loves it. My DW loves the price at $165, considering it had the original price tag of $360 still on the wrapper. My question, have you ever had any issues buying a year old bat that has never been used? Does the bat lose some of it's integrity by sitting around in a warehouse for a year or so?

Apr 15, 2018
Nothing that would compromise the integrity. It will hit it just as well as the 2020 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
Just got my DD a 2019 LXT, she loves it. My DW loves the price at $165, considering it had the original price tag of $360 still on the wrapper. My question, have you ever had any issues buying a year old bat that has never been used? Does the bat lose some of it's integrity by sitting around in a warehouse for a year or so?
No. It’s the smart way to go especially if it’s the same bat just different paint scheme. That is the case here. 19 & 20 LXT exactly the same tech just different colors.
No performance loss.

Aug 25, 2019
No. It’s the smart way to go especially if it’s the same bat just different paint scheme. That is the case here. 19 & 20 LXT exactly the same tech just different colors.
No performance loss.
Different paint scheme, different price........Although I noticed on the paint scheme, it's not entirely smooth, a bit rough it is.

Apr 28, 2019
Different paint scheme, different price........Although I noticed on the paint scheme, it's not entirely smooth, a bit rough it is.
Yeah the price difference is moving previous years models to make room for new year.
The “sandpaper” grit paper whatever you want to call it seems to be exclusive to the LXT & Xeno. Some years they use more grit paper than others.
My guess is that the grit catches & holds the ball for a fraction of a second longer than smooth barrel bats resulting in some kind of advantage.

Aug 2, 2019
Where might you have found this deal?

DD has a 19 LXT and it's great. She's ready to move from a -11 to -10.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Although I noticed on the paint scheme, it's not entirely smooth, a bit rough it is.

Rough is supposed to create more backspin when you hit, but not even sure who is old school and teaches
people to "cut" the ball anymore with all the new fangled launch angle stuff. Same reason why the top Mizuno
baseball bat has like a rubberish coating on it as well as a few slowpitch bats and same reason was given
why many bats have a matte finish on them. I think because they look cooler :)

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Where might you have found this deal?

DD has a 19 LXT and it's great. She's ready to move from a -11 to -10.

They are around $200 on the Louisville website. Amazon has a few left for cheaper and ebay has some around $150 but you won't get a warranty through ebay. Has to be a certified vendor or they won't honor the warranty.

We just got our DD a -11 2019 LXT and she loves it. Not paying $350 for a new paint job. :)

Aug 2, 2019
They are around $200 on the Louisville website. Amazon has a few left for cheaper and ebay has some around $150 but you won't get a warranty through ebay. Has to be a certified vendor or they won't honor the warranty.

We just got our DD a -11 2019 LXT and she loves it. Not paying $350 for a new paint job. :)
I passed on a Black Friday deal from Dick's that would have been $165.00, but I wasn't sure I wanted to get a heavier bat. Since then she keeps gravitating toward a bat I picked up that is too heavy and long for her. Looks like a should have jumped on the deal in November.