2019 Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Rough is supposed to create more backspin when you hit, but not even sure who is old school and teaches
people to "cut" the ball anymore with all the new fangled launch angle stuff. Same reason why the top Mizuno
baseball bat has like a rubberish coating on it as well as a few slowpitch bats and same reason was given
why many bats have a matte finish on them. I think because they look cooler :)
Personally I like the glossy paint but to each their own.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
hahaha, yeah, to me it depends. I think on a black bat, the matte looks pretty cool. . Miken did a DC41 in a
grey paint scheme like a figher jet a few years back in matte, awesome looking.
Some other colors, the gloss looks way better.
I don't like the rough surface, harder to clean to resell...haha

Aug 2, 2019
Coach on my DDs last team clean his DDs LXT after every tournament with a magic eraser. Wrapper fresh look every game.

Aug 24, 2018
DDs 2020 Ghost's white paint has ball marks all over it. I offered to clean it with the magic eraser and she said "No way! I earned those marks"

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I never clean a bat unless selling...kinda useless. Its a bat, meant to get hit and dirty. Plus, I want nice ball marks all over
that barrel :)

But some folks clean the thing every game

Aug 2, 2019
I never clean a bat unless selling...kinda useless. Its a bat, meant to get hit and dirty. Plus, I want nice ball marks all over
that barrel :)

But some folks clean the thing every game
The reasoning the coach gave was that he wanted to be able to see the fresh ball marks to see where contact was made every game/practice to provide feedback he and his DD could use to make adjustment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207