2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is she hitting the ball well at the field? Might not be making great contact yet...maybe still getting used to it. It is a new feel for her.

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
Our high school team has 2 girls swinging a Ghost, and they (the girls & the Ghosts) are performing well...they switched from a Mako and a CF9

We also have 3 girls that swing Makos...2 swing Xenos...1 swings a CF9...and 1 swings a Synergy Speed. All of these girls have tried the Ghost. 1 of the girls that swings a Xeno is begging her dad for a Ghost, but since she is killing the ball with her Xeno, he refuses to let her switch :)

I have hit with all of these bats and think they all perform well. If all of these bats disappeared, and I had to buy a new bat for my DD today, I would get her a Xeno or a Ghost...jmho.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I really think the long wait is a symptom of the absolutely HUGE growth on the softball side. They went from zero to hero overnight. It’s a good problem to have! I’d like to see how many more bats they have sold from then to now. Plus, their old bat line was made up of bats regarded as tanks. The few bats they sold probably didn’t get returned much so they were doing crossword puzzles most of the day like the Maytag repair man.

I bet they are hiring to shore that up, I’m sure the cs rep I talked to was new.

I remember those commercials...hahaha...and I agree. They probably had a one person customer service line for as little sales and returns
they had to worry about. But Easton will take care of it, I have no doubt about that.

May 19, 2016
Always speak to somebody...if you do the online thing, its gonna count. They have to input any diff or special info in the system on returns.

Sure, now ya tell me. :D Since I bought the original from you I should have dropped you a text to inquire about the best way to handle this return, but the process seemed straightforward so I didn't ask.

Just assume you are going to be on hold for about 45 minutes, put your phone on speaker until someone picks up, do something else while you wait and ride it out.

I made the mistake of calling from my cell away from home. I was on hold about 20 mins but wasn't in a place I could hold any longer. Hung up and did the online thing when I got home.

Like WW said, I probably wouldn't have returned that bat yet. That thing could have gone another month or so. Just because a crack is brewing, with composite, it may not bust thru for a while. But if looking for special return, I guess doing it asap is better.

I still have the bat since I just sent the online return request yesterday. My intention all along was and still is to try to talk to someone before shipping it back so I can plead my case about this warranty bat.

As far as her using it with the crack for a while longer I figured there was a chance the thing might eventually "explode" and send shrapnel flying so didn't think it was worth the risk. But maybe they don't fail that way. Also, a month from now would put us into the season and I'd rather not have to deal with a return at that time if I don't have to.

Of course, there's the chance the second warranty bat would "give up the ghost" sometime during the season, as well.

May 12, 2016
Is she hitting the ball well at the field? Might not be making great contact yet...maybe still getting used to it. It is a new feel for her.

I am doing front toss with her at the field. I'm watching closely and when she absolutely hits it perfect (timing and off the right part of the bat), it seems like the ball initially flies off the bat but then fizzles out. I have never seen anything like this.. maybe the balls are getting chewed up or I am misreading the wind. It might not be the bat at all.. how can it be? Everybody else thinks its hot, why should our bat be any different unless its a dud? Have any of you ever successfully returned a bat because it wasn't performing as expected?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes Spindaddy, don't sent it in. Just because you do an online one, you don't have to send it. It just deletes anyway after like 10 days. I would call.

I am always available to text for any questions...especially if you bought from me. If someone bought elsewhere, I would prefer they call there and get no help ;)

Also, there is NO safety issue Spin, the bat isn't going to burst apart and send pieces everywhere...haha. Composite bats arent made like that.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am doing front toss with her at the field. I'm watching closely and when she absolutely hits it perfect (timing and off the right part of the bat), it seems like the ball initially flies off the bat but then fizzles out. I have never seen anything like this.. maybe the balls are getting chewed up or I am misreading the wind. It might not be the bat at all.. how can it be? Everybody else thinks its hot, why should our bat be any different unless its a dud? Have any of you ever successfully returned a bat because it wasn't performing as expected?

Are you doing real pitching or just tee and soft toss?

Dec 11, 2010
If I was being forced to guess with a gun to my head, I would say she has had a temporary drop in confidence and is trying to “not strike out” and trying to make contact as opposed to making violent contact with the middle of the ball.

If you have access to radar, check her exit speeds with both bats. Might help her have confidence in new bat. Also with a slightly different feel as Core mentioned, she may be making late swing decisions. Every pitch is a swing until it isn’t, be a predator of yellow balls, load slower and earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619