2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2013
How thick is the tape on the Ghost ASA bat? .5?
It's the thinnest grip I've ever felt on a bat from a manufacturer. The utrip ghost grip is thin as well, but a bit more textured.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hey guys, I just wanted share my own personal experience with the Ghost.. We are going about again tomorrow to give it another trial run, I am hoping for better results. I see many positive reviews, hardly any negative besides some questions of durability. I haven't see any at all about pop or performance, so not sure if I have a dud.. or maybe just one bad batting session. I want this bat to work for my DD the way it seems to be working for everybody else.

Cheers!!

From my observations, the Ghost takes a bit to open up. Of the 3 girls on my DD's team that swing a Ghost (including my DD), I had the very same "meh" reaction on the very first session. Each of them improved pretty quickly with use. That said, don't expect swings that used to just get the ball to the grass to suddenly start banging fences. Old adages about Indians and arrows still apply. Also, if there's vibration issues, it indicates an off-center hit. Square it up in the sweet-spot, and the ball almost disappears (according to my DD and teammates). My DD also changed to a this Lizard Skin because she didn't like the stock grip...and wanted her Ghost to look different.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also, if there's vibration issues, it indicates an off-center hit. Square it up in the sweet-spot, and the ball almost disappears (according to my DD and teammates). .

True right there...as it is with most bats. if you don't square it up, you should expect to feel it a little.

And I also agree with you on the distance....think some people are expecting a little too much. Balls are going to go 50 feet farther
by using the Ghost. Is it better, yes, but not single hitter to homerun hitter better

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Thanks to both of you.. makes me feel a little better that Eric had the first same impressions as me. My DD would easily hit 175 to 180 ft shots during a session and on occasion the 200 ft +. I don't expect the Ghost to drastically change the distance, what I do expect is to see the ball coming off the bat hot. Personally I had a couple easy swings with the Ghost and I am not feeling that great pop everybody is referring to, in comparison I took a swing with my DD's old CF9 and the pop was better. But it was only one session with about 40 swings. Also I've only done off the tee and front toss with her. I am curious how this bat performs with 40 mph coming at it. She said she likes it.. but it's something shiny and new LOL. I'm not convinced yet.. but we shall see as we get up to the field more this week.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
And I also agree with you on the distance....think some people are expecting a little too much. Balls are NOT going to go 50 feet farther
by using the Ghost. Is it better, yes, but not single hitter to homerun hitter better

I think this ^^^ is what you intended to say.

May 19, 2016
From what little I've seen of the ASA Ghost 32/22s my DD has used, it's been impressive. More importantly, she really likes it. Will be curious to see if it matches the performance of the CF8 Sprite she used last year, that bat was money.

I'm anxious to see how the Ghost will perform if, as stated above, they need time to open up, but my first-year 12U DD, who's of average size and strength, has cracked two already and the season hasn't even started yet. This most recent one, the first warranty replacement, made it barely two months. Maybe 350 swings total including one session of indoor BP with quality softballs and the ProNine PM12's that are supposedly safe(r) to use. I took Core's advice (mostly) and had her use cage bats for almost all BP.

Very frustrating and an inconvenience, but the first return was seamless and am hoping the second one will be as well. Actually I'm hoping Easton doesn't count this second broken bat against me as it didn't even make it three months. We'll see.

On a positive note, I noticed the crack during her first scrimmage yesterday - not sure if it happened during the game or before - but she didn't bring her backup bat so she had to keep swinging it. On her next at bat she hit one deep into the L-C gap for a triple. Not a bad way to retire a cracked bat.

Attachments

• 2018-05-06 22.56.41a.jpg
    2018-05-06 22.56.41a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 102
Dec 11, 2010
My dd used a Ghost with a lil’ itty bitty shark tooth crack like that for about a month in hs. It was hot but finally got way too noticeable and she ripped the plastic off the next one. It might be better than the last one.

Buddy’s dd just grabbed a Quattro Pro from Core, I’m looking forward to seeing that bat hit. She was swinging a Stealth Flex and doing some damage. She still misses her old Freak Black so I bet the QPro fits her really well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1