2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Are you doing real pitching or just tee and soft toss?

Majority has been front toss, tee and soft toss. I have done a little live pitching, but I haven't seen her square one up yet. I use to pitch, so she's lucky that she can take advantage of that.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would do some live pitching. Front toss/tee is nice...but you aren't getting the pitchers velocity working for the hitter. And saying you haven't seen her
square one up yet kinda tells a lot. Just give it time and let her work with it

May 12, 2016
I would do some live pitching. Front toss/tee is nice...but you aren't getting the pitchers velocity working for the hitter. And saying you haven't seen her
square one up yet kinda tells a lot. Just give it time and let her work with it

Thanks Core, I haven't seen her truly square one up in live pitching.... I was a bit wild that day, so I didn't pitch that many. In front toss she has squared a ton up

Mar 1, 2016
So I having a very weird experience with the Ghost. When hitting into a bownet, off the tee or soft toss, it seems like the ball explodes/rockets off the bat. While at the field my DD doesn't seem to hitting the ball so far as her previous bats. I know, this makes no sense. The ball seems to be coming off the bat faster.. but not traveling so far. Call me crazy, I know, it makes no sense.

Just a thought: when she’s hitting at the field, do the balls have backspin or are they knuckleballs off the bat? Ive never seen anything besides a strong headwind slow down a ball in flight as bad as when it has no spin. If that’s the case, maybe she’s squaring it up TOO much. And maybe this isn’t it, but nobody else has brought it up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 19, 2016
Yes Spindaddy, don't sent it in. Just because you do an online one, you don't have to send it. It just deletes anyway after like 10 days. I would call.

I am always available to text for any questions...especially if you bought from me. If someone bought elsewhere, I would prefer they call there and get no help ;)

Also, there is NO safety issue Spin, the bat isn't going to burst apart and send pieces everywhere...haha. Composite bats arent made like that.

Got through today after 15 minutes on hold, and yes, as mentioned previously, they are swamped and the person you get, like the one I did, is most likely a new hire unfamiliar with the product line and just taking down your info to get the process started - they aren't going to research your past claims right then and there. She was courteous and asked got answers from her supervisor when needed. It's clear they care and want to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

The takeaway from the conversion was that you can get more than two warranty returns within one year of purchase, as long as it's reasonable. So I'm not gonna sweat it now if this second warranty bat cracks as well.

At the end of the season, if the bat(s) has given my DD the performance that it has hinted at so far then I guess all of this PITA return stuff will have been worth it.

Core, FYI, I sent a reply text to you a couple weeks ago about Ghost & Beast baseball bats, but didn't hear back, maybe it didn't go through to you. No worries.

May 12, 2016
Just a thought: when she’s hitting at the field, do the balls have backspin or are they knuckleballs off the bat? Ive never seen anything besides a strong headwind slow down a ball in flight as bad as when it has no spin. If that’s the case, maybe she’s squaring it up TOO much. And maybe this isn’t it, but nobody else has brought it up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good question for sure.. I am seeing a lot of backspin to be honest. I used to pitch but played a ton of outfield as well. When a ball is hit into a strong headwind, 1. No spin (knuckleball) will dance all over the place, 2. topspin will drop significantly faster, 3. backspin will float and get held up in the wind so the outfielders can camp under it. Same thing when pitching with a strong wind in your face, the movement on the ball intensifies drastically. It's a good point you are making. The fields are soft, the wind is blowing in a little, not a lot and she is putting a lot of backspin on the ball which is causing it to die and not roll very far. All of this has affected her confidence and trust in the bat. She says she likes the bat a lot, but I think we were both expected more. She is small but a power hitter on her team (usually bats 3,4,5) so expectations were high and we expected to see the ball travel farther. But there could be environmental factors as well.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Another thing if you are just doing tee work/soft toss on a field...she may be trying to hit the ball farther instead of barreling up. Maybe trying to hard to force
the homers a little too much because the bat is supposed to hit it farther if you get what Im saying?

People get a new bat, then go out on a field and see how far they can hit it instead of how hard they can. Usually end up with higher/more
fly balls because you are trying to hit the bottom of the ball to get lift. Ends up worse until you just start to cut the ball in half. Distance will come.

May 12, 2016
Another thing if you are just doing tee work/soft toss on a field...she may be trying to hit the ball farther instead of barreling up. Maybe trying to hard to force
the homers a little too much because the bat is supposed to hit it farther if you get what Im saying?

People get a new bat, then go out on a field and see how far they can hit it instead of how hard they can. Usually end up with higher/more
fly balls because you are trying to hit the bottom of the ball to get lift. Ends up worse until you just start to cut the ball in half. Distance will come.

I get exactly what you are saying.. if you think homer when hitting it hardly ever happens. I've hit most of my home runs when just trying to make good hard contact

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1