2016 Miken Freak Black vs 2015 Louisville LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2014
Demarini cf drop 11 is by far the most popular in 8u here in Arkansas. I would think if a player/parents get used to a bat, trusts it, they will continue to use that brand for the most part. My daughter is using a cf8 (Thanks Core!!!). I've seen how good it is by her and many other 8u teams. Why change when she gets a little bigger? If it ain't broke don't fix it, lol. If the FB was an option in a 30/20 even I would have tried it over the cf8. Now I'm a Demarini fan. Just my opinion.

Jun 27, 2014
I truly believe that most girls and parents get used to the DeMarini CF8 and/or LS LXT at a young age due to the -11 options. I have seen numerous girls use 29" and 30" -11's in 8u. Why change to Miken later on when you are used to other bats. I think Miken would do much better if they would offer the FB in at least a 30/20.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I truly believe that most girls and parents get used to the DeMarini CF8 and/or LS LXT at a young age due to the -11 options. I have seen numerous girls use 29" and 30" -11's in 8u. Why change to Miken later on when you are used to other bats. I think Miken would do much better if they would offer the FB in at least a 30/20.

My DD went from a CF6 31/20 to a MFB 31/21. My interest in the MFB was ignited by reports from other DFP'ers, and the price tag (from Core) was pretty attractive, so I decided to give it a try. IMO, the MFB feels very "Demaini-ish" when comparing to the CF-series balanced bats, and switching to the MFB was a non-issue. My DD liked the MFB 31/21 enough that she asked me to get a 32/22 to have available when she was ready for it....which is now.

At this point, it doesn't matter how Miken might do better. They are withdrawing from the fastpitch market and the MFB has been discontinued.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Most players will want what other kids are swinging, up to a certain age and then that starts to slowly go away. However, that "branding" has typically already taken place and they have found the bat they love typically a Ls, Demar or Easton. Far too few parents research before they buy and even fewer still try before they buy so they look around the fields and see what is there ask a few people and call it good. Now, there are reasons aside from marketing these bats are more popular, they are excellent products but that does not mean they are the best choice for every player. Mizuno, for instance, has a really nice bat, the Nighthawk that some of our players love. Bought it at a world series last season. They had a booth letting you demo and test ball exit speeds compared to your existing bat and the Nighthawk was as good as any bat we had, and we had them all. Point is, does not have to be the big 3 to be top line.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
DD has both bats in her bag. She hit very well with her FB for the majority of Fall season. I bought her a 2015 LXT the last part of October because I found it really cheap. The FB hasn't seen the light of day since. There isn't a noticeable difference in her hitting but she thinks its really doing something because of the sound it makes. I have hit fungos with both and like the way the FB feels and how the ball jumps off the bat but my opinion doesn't mean squat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00