2015 combat portent g3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Anyone have any experience with this bat? DD won it in a raffle size 32/21. It's a bit lighter than her current bat 2015 Xeno 32/23. Not sure what to do with it. DW wants me to sell, trade, swap for credit whatever. I'm debating if I should keep it but I have not heard or seen these bats around. Pretty price bats too, I think retail they are $240 but I see them sell more around for about $150-130.

IDK, let me know what you guys think. Is this a bat worth holding on to

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Generally speaking, Combat's bats tend to punch a little above their price tag. For lower-budget considerations, they tend to be a good choice. Compared with a Xeno or other top-shelf bats, however, they fall a little short.

In your situation, I would likely sell it for whatever market price is, or donate it to a good cause.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Combats are very good bats, just not the "name". They are def worth the money and easily outperform the price tags. They will hit with most any bat, but it takes patience to get there which most don't have which is why they are priced the way they are. They are also tanks, so you can hit
the living hell out of them.

Obviously, if it doesn't fit your daughter, you have to move it. Its not gonna get you a huge return but you will get a few dollars. Doubt you are going to be able to swap for credit, because I can guarantee the store that donated that bat did it because it was sitting around for a year and they couldn't
sell it. And if they do take it back, whats the point? They will give you a very low dollar credit towards a bat they are selling for retail...haha. You might as well sell on a board or ebay or something, and take that money and put it towards your next bat.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have the Wanted G3. When I bought it for DD, she loved the feel but didn't like the lack of pop compared to her other bat. So I kept it to hit with. Now that I have about 4,000 hits on it and it's hot, DD always wants to take it out for a test spin when she's practicing. Still doesn't want it in her bag mind you (might make her other bats angry at her and then they won't hit so she says:rolleyes:) but still enjoys hitting the snot out of it nonetheless.

Aug 12, 2014
Illinois
DD swings a 33/23 CF5 and has had a Combat Wanted G3 as a backup in her bag for about a year. She too, refused to swing it as she thought it weighed a tad heavier and was more end weighted. I used it to hit fly balls etc.. After teasing her for weeks, she finally pulled it out for hitting practice to save the CF5 for games during the season. Now she loves it and the way the ball comes off it. Said it doesn't sting as much on miss hits. My only concern is the barrel is so short on the Combat Wanteds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild