2014 Xeno vs 2014 CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2012
If this is going to be your first high end bat, then don't buy a xeno. You want the truth, they are junk and are no better then other high end bats. The only thing that make the other high end bats better is they don't have quality issues.

I have never heard anyone call a XENO "junk" before!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
My bat guy says the Xeno 14's won't have the breaking problem but they also won't have the pop of the older bats. They did some re-inforcing. Now this is not my learned opinion but the guy we buy bats from. DD uses an older Stealth and was eyeing the Xeno because the Easton Mako was pretty much going back to the Stealth technology, again according to our bat guy. We are currently looking for a 2011 Xeno 32/22. Bueller, Bueller....anyone?

Dec 7, 2011
So we had an unscientific head-to-head comparo between some 2014 newbies for the team:
- LS Xeno (purple)
- LS LXT
- LS Mendoza (don't know why that was in here....)
- Easton (black/yellow -10 & -11)
- Mizuno Whiteout -10

In a nutshell:
- Every girl with a CF liked the new ones less than their current CF (just broken in???)
- DD's older RT appeared to pop better than all of them (even though DD still likes her CF more)
- Xeno came in next on approval (noting that this Xeno does not have the glass-breaking shreak of a sound when hit anymore - noting that DD still says it's "equal in pop to her CF but she feels the sweet spot is so much smaller".)
- Easton & Mizuno about equally unimpressed with the team
- I think the Mendoza was picked up once then quickly put back down (the girls equate it to a rec ball level bat)

Mar 18, 2013
Dr Pipes....did that bat split lengthwise as pictured? I guess my impression was that the barrels were separating from the handles. I didn't think that they were coming apart like that.

Jul 19, 2012
Barrel flew off handle hitting the pitcher. Ends were sharp. Pitcher was not hurt.

I split the barrel with a cutoff wheel to see what happens inside the barrel when the discs hit the composite wall. A groove is worn in the composite material is the result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid