2014 Xeno vs 2014 CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I once was a person who would tell you not to spend the money on the Xeno because of durability issues. Not any more. Our team is sponsored by LS and they sent us 14 demo bats. My DD used a 32/22 LXT and a 31/21 Xeno. Both bats were great. The Xeno doesn't have that same sound, but it's still a hot bat. And supposedly the durability issues have been rectified. All of the girls on our team used the demo bats through fall ball and as a team they tore the cover off the ball compared to before getting them. You could definitely tell the difference in the quality of the bats some girls were using last summer.

I am a believer in the purple Xeno based on what I saw.

Jun 1, 2013
Bought a CF6 Insane today, I was really undecided and waffling between the two. The Xeno may have fixed their problem, but I will give it a full season before I invest any money. For this reason, I went with the CF6. DD has had 2 Demarini's with no problems. Can't wait to get it n the mail, got a good deal on it to boot. $230 new and no shipping charges.

Dec 7, 2011
Bought a CF6 Insane today, I was really undecided and waffling between the two. The Xeno may have fixed their problem, but I will give it a full season before I invest any money. For this reason, I went with the CF6. DD has had 2 Demarini's with no problems. Can't wait to get it n the mail, got a good deal on it to boot. $230 new and no shipping charges.

The Insane has been and will be our choice (along with the tree-trunk Anderson for the cold months) BUT I will be critical with the CF too.

Each CF we have had (5 now from CF3-CF5) has had the outer paint "delaminate" from the fiber core of the bat and come off in chips. Now DD has never had an ump throw out a bat with paint chips like this BUT I have seen a few question the chips at length with their ump-partners. It seems like this always happens after 1.5 years of use.

Also noting, which I may have not here on DFP yet, DD's RT is officially "not-round" anymore....... (but I think it will still get by the inspection - unless an ump actually pulls out a guage)

Aug 30, 2011
DE
Also noting, which I may have not here on DFP yet, DD's RT is officially "not-round" anymore....... (but I think it will still get by the inspection - unless an ump actually pulls out a guage)

This happened to us in reverse this summer. Had the typical RT wave and the ump through it out. It would have passed through the guage but the ump didn't have one but he failed it anyway. This was at Nationals and it passed every inspection but one on the 2nd to last day.

May 8, 2009
Florida
DD took a new CF^ with her to school. So far she has nothing but good to say. Standard -10. She didnt care for the Insane and Zeno.

Jan 25, 2011
I once was a person who would tell you not to spend the money on the Xeno because of durability issues. Not any more. Our team is sponsored by LS and they sent us 14 demo bats. My DD used a 32/22 LXT and a 31/21 Xeno. Both bats were great. The Xeno doesn't have that same sound, but it's still a hot bat. And supposedly the durability issues have been rectified. All of the girls on our team used the demo bats through fall ball and as a team they tore the cover off the ball compared to before getting them. You could definitely tell the difference in the quality of the bats some girls were using last summer.

I am a believer in the purple Xeno based on what I saw.
You just posted on Sep. 26 about the getting the bats, so it has been less then a month with these bats. I don't think that is enough time to tell. The bats are not any hotter then others. They all have to meet the same 98 mph standards.

Jun 21, 2010
Yes, but "meeting the standards" just means they may not exceed them. Some might go right up to the 98 MPH edge while others easily come in under the benchmark. Both would be classified as meeting the standards, however, but would certainly not be equal.

This is my observation I mentioned a short while ago in the recent endloaded bat question. I see the ball coming off the Xeno much faster than off the CF6 Insane DD uses. Her first Xeno ( 2011 ) finally broke after two years use. She skipped the 2012 and bought a 2013, which is still fine. She wanted endloaded or -9 in her next bat so she has what she has now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks