2014 Easton Mako

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So, while happy with the performance of the bat, I'm dissappointed that it's cracked less than month after unwrapping it. Plus, she's 10, she shouldn't be overpowering a new high performance, composite bat; yet. But... It's all she wants to swing now.

Stuff like this happens with any company and any bat. Every bat doesnt roll off the line 100% perfect. A company will always have a few that this kind of thing happens. Totally understand the disappointment, but I think it matters more in how Easton treats you in getting you a brand new stick.
And if it broke that fast, they will probably give you a fullt returnable one back

Apr 8, 2013
Just read a Mako review on justbats. And I quote:

"Pros: The ball flys of bat, purchased the MAKO & the LXT, my daughter first just loved the feel of the MAKO & when we went to batting practice when she began hitting all heads turned it was a real showcase AWESOME BAT.
Cons: $349 was steep but the look on my daughters face after coming out the cages was worth millions"

I sure hope the person who wrote this didn't mean "batting cages with rock hard balls"

Apr 22, 2014
My daughter is a sophmore in College and loves this bat. We got it for her for Christmas and she used it in the cage twice when she noticed it was broken. I called Easton and had it sent back and within 5 days had a new one. The new one broke within 2 weeks so I called again and again they warrantied it and sent me a new one. I just called today to get the 3rd replacement. I will be mailing it out tonight. Not sure whats going on but we have always used Easton bats and only 1 other time had a bat break in the first month then the replacement lasted a year. This bat is amazing tho. It is hot as soon as you unwrap it.

Oct 10, 2011
My daughter is a sophmore in College and loves this bat. We got it for her for Christmas and she used it in the cage twice when she noticed it was broken. I called Easton and had it sent back and within 5 days had a new one. The new one broke within 2 weeks so I called again and again they warrantied it and sent me a new one. I just called today to get the 3rd replacement. I will be mailing it out tonight. Not sure whats going on but we have always used Easton bats and only 1 other time had a bat break in the first month then the replacement lasted a year. This bat is amazing tho. It is hot as soon as you unwrap it.
DD used hers the first time last night and hit one over the centerfield fence. I think they are really expensive to be able to cover the returns they knew they would get and still make a profit:)

Last edited:

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
This bat is amazing tho. It is hot as soon as you unwrap it.

I was skeptical at first. Had one delivered this past Friday for a weekend 10U open tournament. DD had been using the good old Stealth Speed ssr3b and wanted something new. First up to bat after warm up and a triple to centerfield fence. Girl batting next after her in the order decided to pick it up to give it a try with the same result (she usually uses her own Demarini CF5). I'm a believer. Can't wait to get a look at the '15 Makos now. I see they have just been added to the April updated approved bat list with -8 and -9 drop. That will be nice for the power hitters. Two thumbs way up!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD used hers the first time last night and hit one over the centerfield fence. I think they are really expensive to be able to cover the returns they knew they would get and still make a profit:)

Every manufacturer figures in a return when placing the price tag on a bat.

Problem is, its the retailers and customers that get hurt more than the manufacturer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles