2014 Easton Mako

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I got a good deal on a Mako 34" so I bought it. I'll leave the wrapper on it to see if it feels good before we try it. Her teammate who weighs 100lbs has been hitting to the fence with a 22" so hopefully my DD can do well with it.

Nov 30, 2013
Check with Easton to see if they will not count this return against your warranty! That's too soon for a failure. On another note, My DD has been hitting her Mako since September 3 days a week with her hitting coach, and once a week in practice, and now in 7 games, and it has no sign of any stress. No paint webbing or anything. What is the date code on the taper above the grip? My DD's is 6/13 and is one of the first runs. I'm curious to see when it was made.
My dd has been using hers on Jugs softies all winter so we won't know how good her Mako is until all the snow goes away.The date code on hers is 10/13.It will be interesting to see if the Makos produced last year are less likely to have cracking problems than the 2014 models.I know that EASTON has had trouble keeping up with the demand for these bats.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2011
CYMERA_20140408_192125.jpg

This is the 2nd Mako of the season for a gal on my older daughters HS team. Now they will not send her another bat.

Nov 30, 2013
CYMERA_20140408_192125.jpg

This is the 2nd Mako of the season for a gal on my older daughters HS team. Now they will not send her another bathttp://www.dartfish.tv/Dispatch.aspx?target=collection&CR=p96839c67395m1812706&sh=li&aid=7b248a84-87c9-402c-a8fb-ba46a8eb1a0a.
Wow that sucks.Do you think that crack on the bat in the pic and the other Mako she cracked would have been caused by her using the bat in a game where the temp. was below 60 degrees?.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2013
bought a 30/20 for my daughter. She spent some time doing tee work breaking it in and we did some soft toss. All seemed fine. She used it against live pitching this week and struggled a bit, especially after the first 5 swings or so.

Weighed it tonight - came in at 21.4oz. Compared to her old CF5 with a listed weight of 19oz and an actual weight of 18.9oz. Also weighed a few other bats we had laying around and all were +/- 0.2 oz of list weight...except the Mako.

For the record, this is our first Easton composite, and may be our last depending upon how they respond.

Mar 30, 2011
Wow that sucks.Do you think that crack on the bat in the pic and the other Mako she cracked would have been caused by her using the bat in a game where the temp. was below 60 degrees?.

Nope it was 70 yesterday when this happened and I'm unsure what the temp was when the other broke. All I know is 400 days means 400 days with a warranty. I think its stupid how they limit ya to a certain amount of bats. Its not her fault they keep breaking.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I got a good deal on a Mako 34" so I bought it. I'll leave the wrapper on it to see if it feels good before we try it. Her teammate who weighs 100lbs has been hitting to the fence with a 22" so hopefully my DD can do well with it.

What do you think?
Our newer utrip stamped srv4b isn't openning up fast enough. Just debating on if we should stick with 33 or go to a 34 with the mako.

Oct 10, 2011
What do you think?
Our newer utrip stamped srv4b isn't openning up fast enough. Just debating on if we should stick with 33 or go to a 34 with the mako.

It just arrived as I read your post and they accidentally sent two. Her TB coach gave her a brand new CF5 33 -9 and she hit really well in practice. I put it next to her cracked FX1 and the CF5's barrel is about an inch shorter (both 33"). Easton said to get the 34" because it swings so light so I hope I made the right choice. I just weighed them...the Makos have a little plastic wrap on them still.
34" Mako -10 23.8 without plastic.
34" Mako -10 24.52 with plastic but was .4 heavier than the other one when it had plastic.
33" CF5 -9 24.21
33" fX1 -9 24.8
The 34" makos barrel is 2" longer than the CF5 and 1" longer than the FX1. (I never realized the CF5's had a shorter barrel until a sales rep said the mako would have a longer barrel for the same length CF5)
The mako feels a lot lighter than the other bats swinging even though it's close in weight. I'm keeping the slightly lighter Mako for DD to try. She'll probably stick with her friends CF5 for now since she has been using it the last week with some success.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is the 2nd Mako of the season for a gal on my older daughters HS team. Now they will not send her another bat.

If they already replaced one, they are not required to replace anymore. If they both broke within a month, I would have an issue if they didnt step up and replace it. If the second one broke 6 months after the first purchase, I can understand them not replacing it.

If you dont mind, what was the time frame of the breakages?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad