2013 Demarini Vendetta C6 vs. the 2-13 Miken Rev-Ex Light

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 9, 2013
2013 Demarini Vendetta C6 vs. the 2013 Miken Rev-Ex Light

I am deciding between the 2013 Demarini Vendetta C6 vs. the 2-13 Miken Rev-Ex Light. Both are -12 models. The bat would be for my 10 year old daughter who is 4'7" and 71 pounds. She has very good swing speed and is a line drive hitter. Can anyone give me comparisons, opinions, would a one piece or two piece be better, etc...? I would love for it to last for two seasons of rec ball.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If she is 2nd year 10u I would try a 30/20. In 20 or 21 ounce bats, I often say buy used. If you must have new, like for a gift, buy last years. I think it was first year 12u that my dd went from a 20 ounce to a 21, then a 22, all in about 6 months.

I really like cf5 or cf6 for smaller girls. They swing light....noticibly light. Xenos are great too, but everyone has one, and IMO the sweet spot isn't as big as a cf6. Miken's are great too. You can usually find brand new mikens for cheap. We have had 3. The freak we have, has such a huge sweet spot that I swear it reaches out and grabs balls and sends them fair.

At young ages IMO sweetspot size and swing feel is king. Also, I always say to make them swing the bat for a few weeks before passing judgement...almost all of them "feel weird" according to the girls the first time they pick them up.

May 31, 2012
Agree with rhc go cf5 or cf6. 30/19 swings like a 17oz. Has good pop. Never heard anyone that really loved the vendetta.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I would love to get a CF5 or CF6 for my 9yo DD, but the price is pretty scary for a bat that she will outgrow in a year or less. The Vendetta is attractive because the price ($130-ish) is tolerable. For 10U rec ball and All-Stars, it seems like the Vendetta might be a reasonable choice. Is this a mistake?

I know a lot of people insist that a -10 is as light as one should go. For the 10U age group, I tend towards the improved bat speed of a -11 or -12.

Nothing wrong with -11 or even drop -12. Lots of Pac 12 coaches recommend them for younger girls. I think the folks who say "nothing lighter than drop -10" are actually just repeating something they heard said about proper bats for older girls and young women. It absolutely does not apply to 8, 9 and 10 year olds.

Please remember that the Vendetta will have almost no resale value once she outgrows it. The CF6, however, should fetch you around $120 - $150 next year if you keep it in fairly good shape.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Nothing wrong with -11 or even drop -12. Lots of Pac 12 coaches recommend them for younger girls. I think the folks who say "nothing lighter than drop -10" are actually just repeating something they heard said about proper bats for older girls and young women. It absolutely does not apply to 8, 9 and 10 year olds.

Please remember that the Vendetta will have almost no resale value once she outgrows it. The CF6, however, should fetch you around $120 - $150 next year if you keep it in fairly good shape.

Valid point. Thanks.

My tendency is to hand down gear to younger players in the league who can benefit from the charity.

My tendency is to hand down gear to younger players in the league who can benefit from the charity.
I did exactly the same thing until DD started using $300 bats. :)

It is surprising how easy it is to sell used high-end bats. I don't believe I've ever had one for sale longer than a few days, and most are spoken for long before I decide to sell them.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
I would love to get a CF5 or CF6 for my 9yo DD, but the price is pretty scary for a bat that she will outgrow in a year or less. The Vendetta is attractive because the price ($130-ish) is tolerable. For 10U rec ball and All-Stars, it seems like the Vendetta might be a reasonable choice. Is this a mistake?

I know a lot of people insist that a -10 is as light as one should go. For the 10U age group, I tend towards the improved bat speed of a -11 or -12.

Buy her a used bat. I just bought a used CF5 drop -11 for $140. It will likely last a year and then I"ll resell for $75-100.

There is absolutely no comparison between the Vendetta and CF5 especially at 12U. I bought a niw Vendetta last year from Amazon for $105.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal

Agree. My DD is 11 yo 4-7 and 65 lbs and cannot swing a drop -10. We had -12 and have now transitioned to -11. I am currently only buying Demarini until she fills out and can swing a heavier bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole