1st year 14u - Swing mechanics what to work on

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
Rotate both forearms in same direction to get the barrel moving behind you. Too much worry about 12-6 analogies. Start with bat against the back of your neck and snap it off your neck as fast as you can. If you rotate both forearms the knob will turn up/forward and the barrel will turn down/rearward. For RH hitter rotates forearms to the right. LH to the left. It's really that simple, but like any other movement you have to practice it to burn it in.

K.I.S.S.

Keep. It. Simple. Stupid

Good stuff butter!

May 3, 2014
Agree that the knob needs to be facing at the catchers feet or there abouts.

Also finding adjusting the grip to a knocking knuckles set up with bent wrists like a waiters tray position helps loosen up the forearms making rotating them a little easier.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Agree that the knob needs to be facing at the catchers feet or there abouts.

Also finding adjusting the grip to a knocking knuckles set up with bent wrists like a waiters tray position helps loosen up the forearms making rotating them a little easier.

Butter, would this not promote a bat lag as i feel the elbow would want to slot farther forward closing the gap to the other elbow? Curious as it seems like this would be a 'weaker' grip promoting a forearm/forearm spooning type feel. haha, sorry for the bad reference, but just seems like the forearms would like to get closer with a knuckles grip.

May 3, 2014
Not sure what you mean by bat lag. I can tell you that most issues arise from hitters not using forearms and using upper arms instead. Slotting is an upper arm issue.

May 3, 2014

S6jIxp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi