1st year 12u https://youtu.be/DdIwa9gOzfI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 24, 2019
Nj
As an aside, since I would ditch the side toss

Congrats but if she is doing so well it begs the question as to why you are on here asking for an "honest opinion" ?
I'm a believer that there is always something more that could be done better. Right now she's getting away w her swing. In a year or twoshes going to need to put it all together

Oct 24, 2019
Nj
Going to BP today to try and fix these issues, she's more of a reaction player, other than a thinker dosent help matters.

Jul 29, 2013
Fix her sequence and get her off that back leg.
Then, tip the bat and keep the elbow spacing. She let's her elbows get closer together and it's causing a little bat drag. When rear elbow drops into the slot the front elbow needs to elevate above the ball.

Jun 8, 2016
Some improvement
Are you throwing her front toss too? If so post that instead. That looks like the same clip you posted originally.

FYI, I am jealous you get to practice on a lined field like that :LOL:

Also are you really in NJ practicing at night, outside, in short sleeves in late October? You having
a heat wave up there or something? :)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019
Nj
Are you throwing her front toss too? If so post that instead. That looks like the same clip you posted originally.

FYI, I am jealous you get to practice on a lined field like that :LOL:

Also are you really in NJ practicing at night, outside, in short sleeves in late October? You having
a heat wave up there or something? :)
Yup in central nj. My daughter is nuts she loves the cold .lol yes she does front toss as well, hard to video and toss at same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1