17 YO DD needs a new bat- looking for suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
With respect to usage, a softball bat with a stamp/badge from the approving organizations (i.e., ASA, USSSA) is legal for use in softball games conducted under those organizations' umbrella. These authorizing bodies make no distinction between fastpitch and slowpitch bats - an approved bat legally may be used for either fastpitch or slow pitch (or both). The FP and SP designations are the result of the bat companies attempting to denote game-specific design differences and/or to appeal to specific target markets.

(Footnote: some local leagues may impose their own bat restrictions i.e., no pre-ABI, metal only, certain bats banned, league-provided bats only etc).

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
GM ... it is my understanding that the NFHS softball bat rules simply require that bats meet the ASA standards.

A bat stamped as legit for ASA, as many slowpitch bats are (but not all), is legit for ASA and NFHS.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
GM ... it is my understanding that the NFHS softball bat rules simply require that bats meet the ASA standards.

A bat stamped as legit for ASA, as many slowpitch bats are (but not all), is legit for ASA and NFHS.

Oops, you're right, I got carried away. Edited my post to note that NFHS does not have its own bat "stamp"

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
i have a 34/26 double wall demarini 375 slowpitch bat..too light for me now. the 375 refers to the compression and was supposedly designed for 375 lbs balls. i dont think it makes much of a difference though just fyi...lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1