16U TB Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2016
Is there such a thing as a developmental 16U travel team or is everyone supposed to be at the top of their game by that age? When I look at a site like heybucket.com in the Southern California area, I only see the more elite teams looking for specific needs, is there another site to check?

My DD got a late start on softball so she's still learning but I'd like to find something for her in the fall that's a level above rec and a level below the elite teams so she has a chance to compete. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 14, 2017
I’d imagine that there are all levels at every age group. However, in my area there are not that many 16u teams. Most jump from 14u straight to 18u, in hopes of attending showcases and increased chances of recruiting. Good luck to your dd in finding a team that is competitive and developing their players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
when I went through the first time, we focused more on developing the team concept versus the individual players skills at 16U. However, this doesn't mean that we forewent the individual players skills altogether. You need to continue to develop your players at all age groups in order to succeed as a team. JMHO

May 15, 2016
There are B level, middle of the pack 16u travel teams in our area. I know nothing about other areas, but not all 16u teams are elite.

I wish you luck finding something for your DD.

Apr 28, 2014
With the change coming in the recruiting age you will begin to see more and more 16u teams. On the east coast they are few and far between and it usually means that the kids are not "good enough" to play at 18U.
On the west coast it's a bit different as you can get good competition at the 16u level.
With the rules changes coming you will see more kids staying down at the 14U and 16U levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes