14yo DD Hitting, Feedback please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
I like the leg kick, but she is not getting the benefit from it because she lacks a sequence right now. She has what I would call a gate swing. When she loads back, her hands go back and when she goes forward her hands and bat start forward.
Watch the Bautista video carefully, or better yet, any Miguel Cabrera video on here. When he strides forward his hands are still loading until toe touch. That is what you want to practice with her. Coiling forward as the hands are being loaded (a sequence). The front shoulder should be lower than the back shoulder at toe touch. I would practice this off a tee until she gets that right. Walk in drill is great for getting the feel of this. Then progress to front toss.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
Guys, this is awesome. Thank you very much for the help. The gifs really help show what is different. Usually I read stuff in the hitting forums and just get confused... You guys have helped explain it in a simple manner that is helpfull. We will go back to work and try and fix these things.

The bonus is I feel like these are fixable things and we aren't far away from where we need to get to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1