12YO DD has a D1 coach looking at her!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2009
Headbands are a distraction? Give me a break. Who makes up this stuff? Finch originated the trend and sells the headbands.

An 8U all star coach who was frustrated that his team was losing . . .

Last year my DD's 8U all star team all had to take off their sequined headbands made especially for the occasion because the opposing coach complained they were a distraction. True story. :(

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
That's nearly as bad as girls on our 10U All Star team last year that had paid a significant amount of money to have their hair braided, with beads added in. They were forced to remove them for safety reasons. Because beads secured in hair are so dangerous.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Headbands are a distraction? Give me a break. Who makes up this stuff? Finch originated the trend and sells the headbands.

We ran into a similar situation two weekends ago. The tournament had a t-shirt stand, etc. and was selling the head bands. Several of our girls (parents) purchased them. They played with them on all tournament, however in one game the head coach of one of the teams complained they were a distraction. After a very brief discussion our team removed their head bands and then proceeded to "run-limit" the team. Perhaps if the other coach focused on the fundamentals rather than headbands his team would have been ready to play.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Similar story, I saw our local All Stars protest a game because the other team had pics of softballs on their socks. The local team lost the game and the protest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414