12U velocity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
N fl clocked a big kid at 60-61 in 12u game last mth. Pocket radar. There's a handful that come to mind that can throw mid to high 50s.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
Saw one in Missouri this weekend that was clocked on two different guns. Her speeds were ranging 55-58, but all she had was a fastball. She did attempt a change up once in a while, but the girls said they could see it coming and she couldn't throw it for strikes. She was probably 5'8" and 13 years old.

Dec 7, 2011
This is 6 yr old data but back at LL regionals in MO there was one girl measured 54 and then my DD at 52. This was with a Juggs which I would rely on FAR over a Buschnell (owned two of those in the past and those are "what you pay for"). I would guess most other pitchers were 45-47mph.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
This is 6 yr old data but back at LL regionals in MO there was one girl measured 54 and then my DD at 52. This was with a Juggs which I would rely on FAR over a Buschnell (owned two of those in the past and those are "what you pay for"). I would guess most other pitchers were 45-47mph.

Do Buschnell guns read fast or slow.....or are they just totally off with numbers all over the place?

Oct 22, 2009
Do Buschnell guns read fast or slow.....or are they just totally off with numbers all over the place?

I have a Bushnell and a couple of my pitching dads as well, every once in a while I'll set them up with mine to get readings and so far they are always on track with each other pitch to pitch.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
I have a Bushnell and a couple of my pitching dads as well, every once in a while I'll set them up with mine to get readings and so far they are always on track with each other pitch to pitch.

We have a Bushnell and a Pocket Radar and both are within 1-2 mph of each other on every pitch. The Bushnell is just so much easier to use, so I use it more than the pocket radar. I was just curious as to what kind of readings the high dollar guns do that makes the bushnell guns so unreliable. I've heard some say that bushnell reads fast and others say they read slow. How do they compare to Juggs?

Dec 7, 2011

First one I had pegged-out at 51mph (for unknown reason) and seemed to track fine in lower speeds. (but with variability that had my head scratching.... ). Bought a second one cuz they were so cheap and got that one to track over 51mph and seemed to somewhat match the previous one (but still with unnerving variability). Then had a chance to put mine in test, in alternating multiple pitches (to avoid any cross-talk), and the big expensive calibrated tournament Juggs and DD was faster on the Juggs by about 3mph. AND the Juggs provided WAY more reasonable consistency than my Bushnell AND then my later unused Pocket Radar.....

To me this sorta explains the always understood "faster" speeds seen via radar on big D1 games on tv. I think they use the expensive Juggs-type units that just measure faster speeds than what we "commoners" see on our cheaper tools (not stating which one is more accurate)

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
All radar guns read 5-10 mph slow. Just ask any pitcher's Dad :)

LOL.....that's exactly what I was thinking! The Bushnell reads 50-52 on my 12 year old, but I'm convinced it's wrong and she really throws in the mid 60's...... and probably even 70's every once in a while on a good day.....lol ;)

Oct 22, 2009
All radar guns read 5-10 mph slow. Just ask any pitcher's Dad :)

One of my pitchers told me my gun was broken, no way she was throwing that speed. Her dad broke out his gun, same reading, she said they were both broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207