12u - Latest Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not sure what this means ????
I have never heard of this term used ... is this some type of new concept ??

For some reason I sense some sarcasm instead of eagerness to help .... hopefully thats not the case ?? She is a 12yo girl ...

Typically everyone on this board tries to be helpful... so I will just assume I am wrong in regards to your intentions.. so ... what do you mean by "stall out" ??

I wouldn't call it a new concept, but it is a slightly different view of delivering the barrel. If you are familiar with "educated hands" you are on the right path. But I don't want to answer for the other guys... NOTE: IMO, the "sarcasm" you are sensing is not directed at you. Let's just say that the discussion is not limited to this site.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Anyone have the Vegas odds on Kata being in the HR Derby next year? :D

Hey! Was that Tewks pitching to Donaldson? :D Tewks looks like he lost 300lbs......

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
what do u mean by "stalls" ?
She vlecro's her rear upper arm to her torso to support the uncontrolled/dumped barrel. She then releases. Classic symptom of "just turning the barrel".

BDElbowStalled.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2012
She vlecro's her rear upper arm to her torso to support the uncontrolled/dumped barrel. She then releases. Classic symptom of "just turning the barrel".

BDElbowStalled.gif

... odd ..you would think if she was dumping the barrel she would have a steeper upward swing... and wouldnt square up so often...

She primarily hits line drives...and rarely misses...has only 6 strikeouts in 190 at bats this season...... her swing seems very flat to me... according to Zepp she stays around 5 degrees....

She squares up the high pitches as well.

Can you still dump the barrel and consistently make contact at 5 degrees ?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
... odd ..you would think if she was dumping the barrel she would have a steeper upward swing... and wouldnt square up so often...

She primarily hits line drives...and rarely misses...has only 6 strikeouts in 190 at bats this season...... her swing seems very flat to me... according to Zepp she stays around 5 degrees....

Oh! Well then upon further review, she is a perfect match to all the greats posted here and elsewhere. And that sound off her bat,,,, I'm sure it's ear splitting. You really have nothing to improve on. And you certainly don't need this eager beaver butting in.
MiggyInsideAdjust.gif

Good Work!

Last edited:
May 20, 2015

With all do respect, see post b #77 in this thread.

Oct 26, 2012
Oh! Well then upon further review, she is a perfect match to all the greats posted here and elsewhere. And that sound off her bat,,,, I'm sure it's ear splitting. You really have nothing to improve on. And you certainly don't need this eager beaver butting in.
MiggyInsideAdjust.gif

Good Work!

I have already agreed with some observations made by members on this board ... I do not say she matches high level swings.

i dont have an ego problem like you ... I have no fear of showing my daughters swing ...apparently from what I gather you have some sort of ego issue and a wont show any of your students swings for whatever reason.

Your sarcasm and constant attacking iis what ruins this board.

Stalled elbows..barrel dumping ...and whatever you can make up ...is ridiculous ...

Honestly just dont post on my threads ...apparently you dont know anything anyway.

ENOUGH OF THE SARCASM YOU INTERNET TROLL ...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
batdragon, Howe has shown his son for years. You might have him mixed up with others. A part of any sharing of your dd will be accompanied by observations that you might not agree with or "see." Still, you are going to get some pretty good feed back from some of these posters. If I might make a suggestion, read and re read this thread and try to see it from a perspective of a third party. That helped me a lot when I posted video of my dd.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
two observations.....

1- My older DD just went 8-12 in the 14U world series, no Ks, all hard hit balls, she was happy coaches were happy....I was unhappy....every swing had a dumped barrel so you can have great success with sub par mechanics and what you see on a T and in front toss can be drastically different from game swings...if she had faced a girl that could throw a good CU or RB she would have had much different results.

2- TM was asked for video proof last month to show his instruction works for female fastpitch students around that 10-12 age group, he has yet to provide it even though I furnished him with an example of my DD and asked repeatedly for a sample of his instruction actually working. So it is pretty funny to see him call out others when he doesn't do it either.

Your kid looks to be well on her way, some clean up here and there, more ability for the hands to control the barrel a little better and she has a rocking practice swing....whether or not it gets into games is a whole different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan