12 yo pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2010
12 yo speed 50 mph. Does her form look okay? Any suggestions to maximize her overall performance?
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• dd..jpg
    dd..jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 54
  • dd2..jpg
    dd2..jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
  • g3..jpg
    g3..jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 81
  • g2..jpg
    g2..jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 82
  • dd4..jpg
    dd4..jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 48

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We really need images of her at 3 12 and 6.

3 --> arm pointed at 2B
12 --> arm vertical
6 --> at release

Generally, it looks like her body is a little ahead of her arm. If you get captures at 3, 12 and 6, we could see more.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2010
Wow! Her form looks so much like my dd just 6-8 months ago when she pitched about 50-51 mph. She's a Dec 96 and physically very comparable. She too had an issue with her body being ahead of her arm. Also, like your dd, she kept her arm very straight on her backswing. With her new PC, she's relaxed her arm on her backswing which allowed her to get it through faster on the downswing and also got more whip action. Timing is getting better all the time. She's up to 55 on her FB and is getting a little faster each week.

She looks pretty good IMO. I'm looking forward to reading what the guru's have to say. Please post more pics/video.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Without you posting a video it is very hard to see things like timing and body position through the delivery. If you are talking about maximizing her performance you should be talking about what pitches she throws. With that being said, I too agree with Sluggers continually intuitive assessments that he believes the body is ahead of the arm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles