11 y/o swing from behind the plate...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
From a feel standpoint apply the up front actions (bb/a$$) and let the load and the swing be reactive. These actions setup the sequence.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
From a feel standpoint apply the up front actions (bb/a$$) and let the load and the swing be reactive. These actions setup the sequence.

While I don't...our at least have not paid much attention to a$$/bb, I do like coiling around the rear leg and the swing being reactive.

R

RayR

RHC - this is where you have to open your mind a bit.

You used this clip

Pujols_Albert_FB.M_D_ToLFC_13.04.13_SSMO_C.gif

If his leg is turning towards the catcher with this hips how can he be coiling around the rear leg?

The BB coils the spine and forces it to bend laterally and since the spine is curved think of the ruler demo

I am answering in 2 threads...might have to consolidate...

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

You used this clip

If his leg is turning towards the catcher with this hips how can he be coiling around the rear leg?

The BB coils the spine and forces it to bend laterally and since the spine is curved think of the ruler demo

you can clearly see his "junk" pinch into his rear leg, that you can very clearly see is already turned in, in his stance.

As I have said I can(everyone else too) twist my spine, and it makes no effort to return back to it's original position on it's own….there is now stretch….so what is the engine? Fire your hips forward then push your hands?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah

You used this clip

Gotta love the "big 'C'" Pujols gets in getting behind the ball.

R

RayR

Well - I can play this game too.

I can make that crease without having to IR the rear leg.

Yes - I can also see his rear FOOT turned in. I can also do this without IRing my rear leg. In fact, if anything I feel like my rear leg is trying to Er when I bend....

you can clearly see his "junk" pinch into his rear leg, that you can very clearly see is already turned in, in his stance.

As I have said I can(everyone else too) twist my spine, and it makes no effort to return back to it's original position on it's own….there is now stretch….so what is the engine? Fire your hips forward then push your hands?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Well - I can play this game too.

I can make that crease without having to IR the rear leg.

Yes - I can also see his rear FOOT turned in. I can also do this without IRing my rear leg. In fact, if anything I feel like my rear leg is trying to Er when I bend....

Not playing a game, it's how I hit. You don't have to ir the rear leg, but you do have to resist it from er ing with the hips as they coil around it. You can have the rear leg ir'ed like Pujols does, then you don't have to coil around it as far to get stretched.

R

RayR

What you are saying here is doesn't make sense. How can you coil around the rear leg if it not Iring?

0e.gif

His leg is turning and straightening with his hip coil. So, how can he be coiling around it? Aren't they both turning in the same direction?

Not playing a game, it's how I hit. You don't have to ir the rear leg, but you do have to resist it from er ing with the hips as they coil around it. You can have the rear leg ir'ed like Pujols does, then you don't have to coil around it as far to get stretched.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
How can you coil back around your leg? HUH?

Yeah Pujols already has his leg turned in…already some stretch.
Pujols_fbc_ccp_snf.gif

I don't think I have ever heard another poster claim that the coil is not in the rear hip…
cruz_zps66af1e61.gif

Coil rear hip socket being turned by the REAR leg…NOT the front leg opening up "to clear a path".
cabu_zps677feefa.gif

coiled back around.
LongoriaHR.gif

R

RayR

You are holding onto beliefs you cannot reconcile...

ot2.gif

It's why you cannot quite figure this guy out using the terminology you have been using.

I don't see coiling around the rear leg - I do see the rear leg turning a bit rearward with the coil (this is done and you will feel tightness in your groin) - then a stretch between the legs as the hips start to uncoil (you should be able to see the front leg ER before the rear leg fires) - then a rear leg firing into IR because how far do you expect the rear leg adductors muscles to stretch before they have to shorten -

How can your leg fire into IR (when the rear knee breaks down and in) if you are already Iring - or holding an IRed leg? Where is the stretch coming from? Remember these hit with 2 legs - not 1

Read this part with an open mind

When you coil your hips - your lower spine turns. When you resist that with the belly button turning in the opposite direction - your spine laterally bends in the direction that both parts of the spine are trying to turn. your front shoulder comes down. There is also a bit of twisting in the spine going on

This is the up front action you must create. Remember - the spine is not alone - you are including pretty much every muscles in your torso while doing this - so if you aren't feeling something stretching you must be Gumby...I feel it my lower back and rear lat the most

When you turn your hips to swing - the lower spine is starts turning and lateral bend in the middle spine gets hooked up to it - so the lateral bend (C shape) gets turned.

It's about this time that the rear leg fires into IR - the stretch between the legs is created by the spine actions.

This sequence created your front shoulder down and in with a bit of bat tipping so that the hitter now has to get his barrel loaded as his lateral bend is being turned. Balanced actions with 2 legs

u98.gif

Or you can keep hitting one legged...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55