10yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
How do pre-swing core stretching actions help her reprogram her hands to work from above the ball?

Eric, by releasing the initial core stretch.. Bonds hands are stretched to there lowest position by core usage.. The releasing is what takes his hands up and back so the hands can work down to the ball. Bonds hands/arms going up and back is not a conscious action but a reaction. IOW's the core actions is what allows for the barrels changing directions..

Miggy's hands are being released up and back by the core actions.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, by releasing the initial core stretch.. Bonds hands are stretched to there lowest position by core usage.. The releasing is what takes his hands up and back so the hands can work down to the ball. Bonds hands/arms going up and back is not a conscious action but a reaction. IOW's the core actions is what allows for the barrels changing directions..

With all due respect, TDS, I still don't get your core action ideas. How do the hands get "released up and back"? In my head "release" is a decrease in resistance. I don't see a decreasing resistance in Bonds or Mig as the hands are going up and back.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
With all due respect, TDS, I still don't get your core action ideas. How do the hands get "released up and back"? In my head "release" is a decrease in resistance. I don't see a decreasing resistance in Bonds or Mig as the hands are going up and back.

Eric, the tipping action is caused by the initial core stretch. You release to get forward yet back where the second stretch occurs...

This is a release move to get forward yet back for the second stretch.

Look at the #6 on her jersey.. The release causes the balanced forward yet back reactions. The stretch forward (core actions) releases which causes the second (hands up and back) stretch.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Miggybbafrontb_zps9dd39d29.gif

Sorry, I don't see it.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thats fine rdbass.. You need to feel it to see it.. What do you believe to be the cause?

TD, I commented on 'Miggy's hands' in the gif. Can you point them out to me. The hands aren't showing up on my computer.
.What do you believe to be the cause?
Because they are not there in the gif. Seems you are saying 'see this' and the hitter is doing that' and I don't see it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

TD, I commented on 'Miggy's hands' in the gif. Can you point them out to me. The hands aren't showing up on my computer.

Because they are not there in the gif. Seems you are saying 'see this' and the hitter is doing that' and I don't see it.

I think you know what the clip is meant to show.. Same clip but still tough to see the hands...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm trying, TDS, but don't get how the core "releases" the hands. I see the resistance in the core increasing. The way you're using "release/releasing" is confusing me.

May 3, 2014
I am not sure that this is the same thing as what TDS is saying - but when I have the hitters try and keep the front hip lower (or for some I will tell them to try and get the front hip under the belly button as they lift the front leg) I tell them to keep that feeling of the core as the front foot starts moving forward and down to the ground. Then I tell them to let it (the core feeling) to swing.

I don't insist on bat "tipping" but it seems to happen in some capacity as they learn to engage the core - one hitter called it a scrunch move the other day. The trick is not to release the scrunch move too early. When they do release it - the hands go back automatically (I think this answers your question, Eric?)

I'm trying, TDS, but don't get how the core "releases" the hands. I see the resistance in the core increasing. The way you're using "release/releasing" is confusing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom