10yo dd swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
looks pretty good for a 10 year old, would help her to stretch and fire, the rythm of the throwing side arm, hands should go back as she strides.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Pretty nice swing.
Bat looks to me to be too heavy for her.

She has a nice hand path.

Straightleg

Agree on everything. She looks like watching a good swing in slo mo. She goes to contact fast, then looks like underwater swing after that. I would be interested in seeing a vid of her with a lighter bat, I would bet it would be a very explosive swing.

Feb 24, 2012
Thx for the input andI keep it coming.

Swing looks the same w/ lighter bat. It's almost as though she is guiding the ball at contact, swinging to the ball rather than throug it.
We tried extra light bat just to be sure.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Have her do the reverse top hand drill, throwing the bat with the top hand through contact. Straightleg has video of it on here somewhere.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US&rdm=4ppwh3hmq#/watch?v=-A2tuXwB3u8[/video]

Feb 24, 2012
Really only worked hand path till now. Have worked w/ hips a little, but not talked about torso at all.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
NC
Her swing looks good. Are you helping her alone or taking her to a private instructor. The reason I ask is if you are doing this alone you are doing a good job. Be careful not to coach the quality out of her swing. Continue what you are doing and becareful of self proclaimed instructors giving you advice. Make sure that whomever advises you can explain what they would change and why, and then make sure you understand before you start making changes. I think she has a bright future if she continues to work consistency is the key in my opinion.

Good Luck
Larry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321