10yo DD Critique please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 18, 2013
MN
JS what would you do to work on her drive knee?

Newbucket,

without putting words in Java's mouth, I think he means having her in more of a sprinters stance - drive straight out to catcher, fast and furious with quick hip torque, out and down then whip. I watched your DD's videos and she looks amazing. My 12 yo DD has a couple different follow throughs. When I see more of the HE type (on slow mo video) that's when she's throwing her drop ball. She tries to get more spin by "lifting or peeling" up on the ball. Also, obviously different on the change up. As a first year 10 your dd has an amazing future!

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
JS what would you do to work on her drive knee?

Did I say drive knee? I meant stride knee... sorry...

Take a look at the Drive Mechanics sticky... your dd appears to be reaching... or sweeping her stride leg out. I'd get her firing her knee out... not up. There are many posts in that sticky that specifically identify all the positives in the pre-stretch... and subsequent muscle activations that occur with a good stride out. If you watch your video... you'll see what I mean with the minimal knee drive out. If you haven't already, take a look at that thread and compare your dd with some of the pitchers in it... Let me know if you still have questions!

Way to go catchermom! Really stoked to see you taking an active role!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad