10U DD Swings from Monday's BP Session

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
CabreraColabelloRearCommand.gif

At the pause, both hitters are at their 'attack position'.

At the pause, Cabrera has the benefits of the Command Drill. The one on the right does not.

Talking 'position' is a waste of time.

The "not" guy's toe has not touched and is possibly one frame from touching while Cabrera's position is at toe touch. Do you have the "not" guy at toe touch? The difference in angles matters btw in perception of that front toe between the two hitters.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The "not" guy's toe has not touched and is possibly one frame from touching while Cabrera's position is at toe touch. Do you have the "not" guy at toe touch? The difference in angles matters btw in perception of that front toe between the two hitters.

Cannonball,

I cannot speak for the others, but what I am watching is two things. First of all the angles created by his right knee and right hip area. Those angles are different between these two hitters, IMO. Secondly, I am watching what I consider to be the hitter's dynamic balance. Not sure what others consider that to be, but to me it is a matter of how someone controls their body while it is in motion. IMO, the COG of the hitter on the left is in a different spot than the COG of the hitter on the right. I believe this to be so because their upper bodies (above the hips) are in slightly different positions at the point of launch. I apologize if some of my views are regurgitated or renamed. I try to read the information provided by all the gurus (even those using fake screen names ;)). But I have my own terminology that makes sense for me. I am not intentionally trying to rename anything. Just a dad here, not a guru by any means...

DaddyBall

Banned
Jun 23, 2015
Someday you'll learn toe touch is a worlthless check point.

It means absolutely nothing.

The slop move is obvious.

Nov 9, 2013
Your daughter's swing looks good for her age...fluid and natural. More "leverage" will enable her to hit more line drives. Simply stated, her body position is too upright before and at impact with the ball. She is also very close to actually leaning forward at impact, which would explain all the ground balls. The ideal body position is a slight lean back toward the catcher, just like Posey's body position at the beginning of this thread. You can almost feel the leverage in his swing as he prepares to hit the ball. This leveraged body position will help your daughter hit more line drives more powerfully and consistently. This simple adjustment is all she should work on at this point in her development. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez