10U DD Swings from Monday's BP Session

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
Just looking for a little guidance. We have worked on getting her weight over her feet a little better. Right now she is struggling with hitting a ton of hard ground balls.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PHA2DLqy010" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
She has some good basics in place along with some pretty standard swing flaws for girls her age. i am not in the advice giving world, I am more of a receiver than a quarterback, but the hitting guys are busy in another thread talking about MLB stuff for the 4000th time so I figured i would chime in and bump this up for you until it gets their attention. they are a good lot but they cannot resist the urge to discuss a GIF of Pujols for days on end while us poor dads wither on the vine waiting for input.

Jun 18, 2013
She has some good basics in place along with some pretty standard swing flaws for girls her age. i am not in the advice giving world, I am more of a receiver than a quarterback, but the hitting guys are busy in another thread talking about MLB stuff for the 4000th time so I figured i would chime in and bump this up for you until it gets their attention. they are a good lot but they cannot resist the urge to discuss a GIF of Pujols for days on end while us poor dads wither on the vine waiting for input.

I assume that's the LSU thread. I stay out once the arguments start.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
Usually once the GIF appears they are drawn like moths to flame, but sometimes you have to kick start them...

You should work with her to create a nice level swing, head down, shoulders even, knob to the ball....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nq407p1q7B1usf292o1_400.gif

Don't give much good advice but, if this was my DD I would work on getting rid of 'pointing the toes to china'.

Jun 18, 2013

Don't give much good advice but, if this was my DD I would work on getting rid of 'pointing the toes to china'.

That's a new development. It started when we started focusing on weight transfer. I figured it was better than telling her to squish the bug.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
2hhg2zn.gif

IF this doesn't work then nothing will, the Great American Tech Hitting Forum Addict cannot resist a Miggy GIF. This is dangerous baiting though, it might draw too many of them and a feeding frenzy will result.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I don't hate the "toes to China" at this point in her development. There are much worse things the rear leg could be doing.

I would begin by learning about separation/stretch and getting away from the all-back/all-forward pattern.

Posey_060813_side.gif

Look at the timing and direction of Posey's hand movement prior to launch in relation to his stride.

Jun 18, 2013
So, get a bit bigger stride (which is something we talked about) and get the front foot down before the hips fire?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff