10 year old Catching Practice (your thoughts?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

A video of a 10 year old catcher. She wanted to make this video and have me post it up here so the great community can let her know what to work on. She wants to be the best :)

Just wanted to get your guys opinion on what she needs to improve on. Thanks so much for your guys input. Love this community.

Here is the one from yesterday:

Janna Catching Practice 05_09_13 - YouTube

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
Blocking - glove hits before knees, a little more forward lean with chest, tuck chin ( couldn't tell if this was happening or not), looks a little too upright, also can't tell if feet are together behind her or apart, should be together.

Throwing - step is a little too far left (ss side of bag) of target, my guess is she throws a lot of balls to the third base side of second. Left foot/hip has to go to target, which is first base side of second base bag.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
My only suggestion is that she come and play on my team. We need a catcher. Otherwise, 10U? very impressive. She plays like a much older player. Good snap, ferocity and focus. Be proud and soak it up.

My only suggestion is that she come and play on my team. We need a catcher. Otherwise, 10U? very impressive. She plays like a much older player. Good snap, ferocity and focus. Be proud and soak it up.

She is in 10u. She was the starting catcher for her team. The coach told us the other day that she won't catch but 1 pool game since her framing was poor. The other catcher (the coaches daughter) is now catching every game. I have clocked their pop times and DD is ~2.2 while the other catcher is at ~2.8.

DD is very frustrated at the politics. Oh well it will all work out. She will be trying out for any team in Texas next year.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
since her framing was poor

Oh, good gravy! Hopefully he stated it better than that. When I hear stuff said to little girls like that, I go out of my way, to work with them. Are you anywhere near, League City? My niece is a 15 yo catcher and was in Tucson a few months ago for a lesson with Callista Balko (formerly of the U of A.) I could set you up with her and her dad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321