Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying

  1. #11
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball Rocketech1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks
    1,903
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,219 Posts

    Default

    I think generally Amanda Scarborough does a good job.

    Michelle Smith drives me crazy with every hit was "short to and long through the ball" Arghh....

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocketech1 For This Useful Post:

    Doug Romrell (06-02-2018), obbay (05-25-2018), Westwind (05-12-2018)

  3. #12
    I can talk softball all day schwabach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Default

    I notice the softball announcers spend more time trying to talk about the mechanics of the game where as baseball announcers have this endless reservoir of statistics from which to quote. I think I prefer the statistics.

  4. #13
    I can talk softball all day gamommax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    678
    Thanked 126 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    If I hear about the "parity" in the SEC one more time during this tournament....
    Coach's wife and #7's mom

  5. #14
    Softball Junkie sbmom19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 668 Times in 307 Posts

    Default

    "That pitch just fell off the table". I can't remember which TiVo'd game I was watching but the commentator said it about a dozen times. Was driving me insane. You are getting paid to do this, find new words...
    Play for the name on the front of the jersey and they will remember the name on the back.

  6. #15
    Certified softball maniac Westwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,705
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 916 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketech1 View Post
    I think generally Amanda Scarborough does a good job.

    Michelle Smith drives me crazy with every hit was "short to and long through the ball" Arghh....
    That crew drives me nuts, Scarborough is the bright spot there.

    I’ve watched a lot of games in the past week and the commentary was better but then I watched Fl/Tn and it was slightly better but still samo samo. Not quite the Barnhill Apologist Club for a change.
    There are three things you can do in softball. You can win. You can lose. It can rain.

  7. #16
    Tom
    Tom is offline
    I can talk softball all day Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 165 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    "In the river" is a phrase that has to stop.

    Forget their names (former LSU coach and her broadcast partner) need to be put on the national games. Only seem to hear them on LSU or ULL games. They are hysterical and entertaining to listen to. Forget which one said it, but the phrase "she was on that ball like a rat on a cheeto" when describing a defensive play was great. Good stories and good insight. If anyone from ESPN is seeing this please take note.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

    Doug Romrell (06-02-2018), gamommax3 (05-15-2018), obbay (05-25-2018), Westwind (05-14-2018)

  9. #17
    Allergic to BS Strike2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 369 Times in 230 Posts

    Default

    I wish they would just stop talking altogether. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

  10. #18
    I can talk softball all day Gtrips07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 52 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    One of the best analysis I heard all year was done by the Alabama Student radio broadcaster. He told coach Murphy that when Demi Turner didn't swing at the first pitch she was batting over .600



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gtrips07 For This Useful Post:

    Westwind (05-14-2018)

  12. #19
    Certified softball maniac Westwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,705
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 916 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    "In the river" is a phrase that has to stop.

    Forget their names (former LSU coach and her broadcast partner) need to be put on the national games. Only seem to hear them on LSU or ULL games. They are hysterical and entertaining to listen to. Forget which one said it, but the phrase "she was on that ball like a rat on a cheeto" when describing a defensive play was great. Good stories and good insight. If anyone from ESPN is seeing this please take note.
    I like them too. Lots of good colorful phrases, I get a kick out of that. I also like that the former LSU coach doesn’t pretend to know everything. The guy reminds her of stories that I think she has long ago forgotten. You can tell she is down to earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrips07 View Post
    One of the best analysis I heard all year was done by the Alabama Student radio broadcaster. He told coach Murphy that when Demi Turner didn't swing at the first pitch she was batting over .600



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That is crazy good stuff.
    Last edited by Westwind; 05-14-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    There are three things you can do in softball. You can win. You can lose. It can rain.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Westwind For This Useful Post:

    gamommax3 (05-15-2018)

  14. #20
    Certified softball maniac Westwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,705
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 916 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Jenny Dalton-Hill and whoever she is working with have done some very good commentary this weekend.
    There are three things you can do in softball. You can win. You can lose. It can rain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Segment -- Burn -- Conversion --