Wow ir versus hello elbow??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
I'm stunned 3 years of lessons and the first I've heard of IR??? Love the bat drill, it all makes sense. Kinda noticed it in the hill house videos I've seen but just shut my ears!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
IR, is just the name that it was given on this site. I had never seen anyone pitch with the hello elbow, until I moved to AZ. I am glad that my DD was taught to pitch in Central IL. Most instructors won't know the term Internal Rotation, per se, though.

Jun 20, 2008
Stand in the K position "Like after toe touch in the stride" hold a bat in the pitching hand and swing the bat like you are hitting ground balls to the infield with one hand...the bat forces the arm and wrist and everything to do what it is supposed to do...

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Stand in the K position "Like after toe touch in the stride" hold a bat in the pitching hand and swing the bat like you are hitting ground balls to the infield with one hand...the bat forces the arm and wrist and everything to do what it is supposed to do...

Got a video on that....???

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Your daughter may very well be utilizing it anyway. Post some video and we will take a look. Many of the top pitchers go through IR and then force themselves into hello elbow, to satisfy the coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877