When to move on

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2009
She is an older 11. She is gung ho about attending clinics, private instruction, even just tossing the ball in the yard. I guess I'm more worried about making the decision for the wrong reasons. I thought that Travel/Tournament teams would be a little more focus on improving and leave Rec for fun with friends.
It sounds like she's got the fever. Work ethic and desire are the best reasons of all to move on. Enjoy the experience, it goes by quickly.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Well after a very long discussion she has decided she would rather play another year with this group and see if the core group improves. We had a handful decide they'd had enough and if I had to rate, they were our bottom players. I guess as kids move up and the competition grows there is a natural selection going on. So she made a reasoned decision and I'm very cool with that. Now to find a few more players. Thanks for the input.

Nov 1, 2009
Research your options, and make sure you check out the teams you consider. Unless you live in an area that has high level teams you should try to find a good coach and let him/her develop your daughters skills.

Mar 20, 2010
My 8yr daughter plays in a rec league and due to park politics and parent drama we chose (read forced) to mover her up from 8u to 10u. Although it was our choice to move her up an age group, I feel it was the best choice we ever made. She had already played a pickup game or two with the team she is currently on and loved it. It was almost as if she belonged there all along. Now she isn't the best player on the field in any league but she works hard and loves the game and, at least by Dad's standards, she is quite good for her age. AND, as a bonus, by the time she is a senior in the league, she should be an absolute monster on the field.

As many have mentioned here be certain you are making the move for the right reasons. Find a good program whether rec or select and be sure their playing/training philosophy fits with yours. Be true to your daughter and the game. After all, it is all about the girls and they should be having fun as well as learning the game.

Good Luck to all who have these decisions to make!!

Coach Brad
Pinson Wild Thang Softball

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves