What time is it? It's Friday check in time !9/25

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
My niece travels with Chipola to Knoxville to play the Vol's in a DH. Will be exchanging updates via text.

We have a local player on Tennessee team. She is a freshman but she is a hot player (plays MIF/OF and is usually lead off batter...waiting to see what Tennessee will do with her) and def will be one to watch. :) Her name is Aubrey Leach.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Well, more fun trying to manage my kids' lives from 1000 miles away.

DS rows for a D-3 college, and had his first race of the season last Saturday. Rowers spend a year as Novice before moving up to Varsity, usually as sophomores, so this was his first college varsity event. His college had 2 boats, and he was on the B boat. Purdue won, his college (Milwaukee School of Engineering) took 2nd and 5th out of 15 boats. His B boat came in 5th in the 8-man boats, beating Purdue's B boat, DePaul's B and C boats, and all the boats for Marquette, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Chicago. Best showing for a B boat, and beating some D-1 teams wasn't bad.

DD 1 and DD 2 were considering running cross-country together this fall, but DD 1 decided not to, which took away DD 2's ride.

I was really bugging DD 3 to get off her butt and practice pitching. She left her old team, where she was the star pitcher. Now she is on another team, which has two starting pitchers. She really needs to work if she's going to be in the circle with a tournament championship on the line.

Now she is FINALLY back to practicing her pitching. Now I need to get ahold of her catcher, and her PC, and all that. All from 1000 miles away. Lots of fun. I can't just drive her to meet people anymore, and DW is overburdened as it is.

Sep 18, 2011
So I just got my first report from the DW about DD's unofficial visit. Things are going very well. I just learned that one of the other recruits, dd's future teammate, is the daughter of a former MLB player who was recently elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. There go my plans of bragging about MY athletic career.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
So I just got my first report from the DW about DD's unofficial visit. Things are going very well. I just learned that one of the other recruits, dd's future teammate, is the daughter of a former MLB player who was recently elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. There go my plans of bragging about MY athletic career.

Really? Who was the MLB player??

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Being that you're from Houston, you might have heard of him. :)

Thats what I thought. We have seen her play softball a few years ago, but I think she is playing on an out of state team...maybe to get out of dad's spotlight? Dunno...but that is really cool! And for some reason, I thought she was a 2017 like dd, but it looks like she's a 2018.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
DD has 8th grade MS League game today, DS has music lesson then a scout campout tonight. DD has 14U TB practice tomorrow morning and 3 or 4 friendlies on Sunday. DS has dance classes tomorrow and music lesson Sunday. DD has last regular season MS game on Monday, then the tourney. Will probably have some TB-MS conflicts in the tourney.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Just our normal 8 hours round trip drive to practice. Might be scrimmaging another team during practice which would be fun...

Oops-just kidding. Just got an email that DD's former TB team (has many of her HS teammates on it) need her to pick-up for two fall league games tomorrow. 5 hour round trip for that in a different direction than the TB practice on Sunday. Good thing that gas prices are coming down....

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Staining the deck on Saturday, and mowing the yard.

Springfield Illinois Hitting Center Invite on Sunday. Excited to see DD on the softball field for first time in about 15 months!!!!! I'm sure the rust will be evident, but excited anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1